Multiple masks - repeated sequences
Question 
Hello

Maybe I should use maskprocessor and it's forum, but I use file with masks. My problem is: 
Let's say I know a letter of password, but I do not know position, so I create masks like:
A?u?u
?u?A?u
?u?u?A

How to avoid double-checking of some combinations? 
If password is ZZA, I must wait for the 3rd mask, which means that I check several times combination AAA. Is there a way to exclude duplicates? Or maybe it is done automatically?

Regards,
Do the math of how many combinations it will actually save you, compared to the total number of combinations.

It's rarely worth the effort to eliminate the relatively small number of duplicates like this particular case. It gets complicated quickly.
~
(05-19-2020, 10:01 PM)royce Wrote: Do the math of how many combinations it will actually save you, compared to the total number of combinations.

It's rarely worth the effort to eliminate the relatively small number of duplicates like this particular case. It gets complicated quickly.

I think it is worth to do it - for longer words and bigger number of known elements you receive a big number of permutations. Depending on dictionary for unknown characters it gives a lot of unnecessary tests.
The question is if I must do it manually limiting the dictionary or there is other smart way.