Upgraded to v6.0.0 now Illegal instruction error
Using both 2020.1 and 2020.2a The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux running under virtualbox on windows10 machine and previous version of Hashcat 5.1.0 was working; did a 'apt upgrade' and packages updated to v6.0.0 but now getting when running hashcat this error:

Initialized device kernels and memory...Illegal instruction

googling and trying to update/reinstall openCL libraries and such with no success. Any suggestion appreciated.

In the past version need to use --force but this seems deprecated in v6.0.0

Thanks,
R

*** full output ***
The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)@The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali):~$ hashcat -m 0 -a0 test /usr/share/wordlists/rockyou.txt.gz
hashcat (v6.0.0) starting...

OpenCL API (OpenCL 1.2 pocl 1.5, None+Asserts, LLVM 9.0.1, RELOC, SLEEF, DISTRO, POCL_DEBUG) - Platform #1 [The pocl project]
=============================================================================================================================
* Device #1: pthread-Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-1035G4 CPU @ 1.10GHz, 2890/2954 MB (1024 MB allocatable), 4MCU

Minimum password length supported by kernel: 0
Maximum password length supported by kernel: 256

Hashes: 2 digests; 2 unique digests, 1 unique salts
Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates
Rules: 1

Applicable optimizers:
* Zero-Byte
* Early-Skip
* Not-Salted
* Not-Iterated
* Single-Salt
* Raw-Hash

ATTENTION! Pure (unoptimized) backend kernels selected.
Using pure kernels enables cracking longer passwords but for the price of drastically reduced performance.
If you want to switch to optimized backend kernels, append -O to your commandline.
See the above message to find out about the exact limits.

Watchdog: Hardware monitoring interface not found on your system.
Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger disabled.

Host memory required for this attack: 65 MB

Initialized device kernels and memory...Illegal instruction
Why are you not running hashcat on your windows system?
I could do that but would prefer to keep pentesting system contained in VM. Might have to resort to that if no go on this moving forward.
Same configuration on my desktop works; laptop I use for mobile pentesting has the issue so I assume it doesn't like the mobile processor. As @undeath suggested I've resorted to cracking on the Windows host rather than the The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) VM in virtualbox.

Just providing an update in case someone else runs into same issue and doesn't want to spend hours like me on trying to resolve when a simple solution like using the Windows host works.