slow using rules
First time using rules and noticed the h/s is very very slow when using them. Is it possible to create a dict file with the rules already applied to a dict set so that I can go back to normal h/s.
Without knowing how exactly your command line is looking and what numbers you are comparing it's impossible to properly answer this. Please provide more details.

I have never seen a straight wordlist attack outperforming wordlist+rules in terms of h/s assuming the same circumstances.
(07-28-2020, 05:08 PM)undeath Wrote: Without knowing how exactly your command line is looking and what numbers you are comparing it's impossible to properly answer this. Please provide more details.

I have never seen a straight wordlist attack outperforming wordlist+rules in terms of h/s assuming the same circumstances.

hashcat -m 11300 -a 0 hash.txt wordlist.txt -r rule.rule

Depending on the hash I normally get between 2k-10k h/s on my 1080ti when using -a 3 and applied masking. With the command above, I get around 7 h/s.
11300 (bitcoin) is slow, you can get around 11"665 H/s with a RTX 2080 Ti (source)

Add switch -w 4 to your command, it will speed up things.

How big is your wordlist.txt ?
(07-28-2020, 07:51 PM)Mem5 Wrote: 11300 (bitcoin) is slow, you can get around 11"665 H/s with a RTX 2080 Ti (source)

Add switch -w 4 to your command, it will speed up things.

How big is your wordlist.txt ?

Thanks for the response. I added -w 4 and did nothing. Wordlist is tiny - only 7 rows. Rules I've tried several, even just the base64 and still slow. So you're all saying it's not normal that it's this slow to work through a rule set ?
try with
Code:
-S

added to your command line.

Alternatively, you could generate a new dict or use stdin/pipe, but first test with -S added to your command line (only makes sense for "not too slow" hashes and were you didn't provide too much password candidates in the dict for full acceleration)
(07-28-2020, 09:07 PM)philsmd Wrote: try with
Code:
-S

added to your command line.

Alternatively, you could generate a new dict or use stdin/pipe, but first test with -S added to your command line (only makes sense for "not too slow" hashes and were you didn't provide too much password candidates in the dict for full acceleration)

THANK YOU! -S was exactly what I needed. Speed is back up significantly.
(07-28-2020, 09:07 PM)philsmd Wrote: -S  (..) makes sense for "not too slow" hashes and were you didn't provide too much password candidates in the dict for full acceleration

Are you able to define "not too slow" hashes and "not too much candidates" ? Big Grin
I guess it requires several experimentation / testing ?