Is RTX3090 suitable for multiple GPUs working together in the same chassis?
Looking forward to the RTX 3090 benchmark test, and considering the new heat dissipation design of the RTX3090, is the RTX3090 suitable for multiple GPUs to work together in the same chassis?
I think it will be hard to get a good airflow in a 19“ case. (Founders-Edition)
If you are going to use a Minig-Rig i dont see any Problem.
If you leave enough space between the cards, it might work. But no chance with back to back.
I dont think 3090 FE will fit into any existing 19" case from brands like Tyan or Supermicro. It needs a 3 Slot spacing, which probably no Server Mobo has plus you will likely run into issues concerning height, at least with something 4U high.

2 in a desktop chassis might work, but it has to be determined how much the hot exhaust from the lower one affects the upper one.

I agree with Sondero, Mining-style open frames are probably the only way of stacking more than 2.
Asus is going to make blower/turbo cards but you may have to wait several months. I'm waiting for the benchmarks too to see if I end up buying RTX 3080 or RTX 3090 cards.
(09-04-2020, 02:13 PM)randomhash Wrote: Asus is going to make blower/turbo cards but you may have to wait several months. I'm waiting for the benchmarks too to see if I end up buying RTX 3080 or RTX 3090 cards.

A blower style would be great.

My hypothesis is that the 3080 will be better in multiuse than the 3090 since it's smaller and cheaper. The new cards will exhaust hot air right into the next card intake. I think that this can be avoided with a 2.5 slot space between each slot and a plastic sheet to guide airflow (separate hot and cold air) 

Regards from Denmark

Attached Files
.jpeg   received_632577371026124.jpeg (Size: 26.38 KB / Downloads: 39)