Please help a beginner
Hi, we have a mobile phone repairment service, and we would like to buy a good peace of hardware so we can decode mobile phones with sl3 protection.
Can someone please tell me:
1. what is the minimum time that this can be done?
2. what would be the pc configuration to do that?
Thank you!
The minimum amount of time is instant, although this case is very unlikely.

In general you can stick to these estimations:
http://golubev.com/gpuest.htm

So if you buy a rig consisting of 4x AMD 6990 cards you can unlock SL3 in less than one day (considering maximum estimated time is needed what is common with SL3) (per phone of course). The CPU does not matter that much, but cooling and power supply does.
What do you mean by "the minimum amount of time is instant, although this case is very unlikely " ?

If you say you can unlock SL3 in less than one day, lets say for instance 20 hours, does that mean that a computer that is working to unlock SL3 code doesn't have to work all 20 hours, but it can read the SL3 code in some number of hours less than 20, it could be one, or five or 20 hours ?
Yes, this is correct. Theoretically it is possible that the unlock code is found after less than the estimated time but practically SL3 is know to mostly max out this estimation. It is a brute force procedure and only thing to know for sure is when the process will definitely be finished.
Thank you very much. One more question please, I'm not sure if I understand the numbers wright at http://golubev.com/gpuest.htm :

You said 4x AMD 6990 cards you can unlock SL3 in less than one day, can you tell me approximately 2 x AMD 6990 how long would that take ?

And how about 2 x ATI HD 7970 ? If one Radeon HD 7970 takes 4d 19h can we say that 2 of them takes half time, is that how you calculate time ?
yes, the speed scales linear. Two cards of the same model double the speed (thus half the time).
4x HD7970 took me to crack sl3 one phone maximum 20 hours ;DWink..
What about power supplay ? What do you recommend for these extreme situations where you have multiple graphic cards ?
i have 3 powers supply in one pc.. 2x660W + 800W
Thank you all!