Password with known letters
Hey, aah alright, you mean a Hybrid attack!
i tried it the last days, but with this code it checks unfortunately only my words at the beginning (Ai1 ?a?a?a?a...) and then the entered charset, so hashcat does not mix the letters like ?a ?a A ?a i ?a ?a 1 and so on.

I also can´t do ?a?a my_list.txt ?a?a and so on only ?a?a?a?a my_list.txt, but i have to mix it all through

The Hashcrack book sounds great, but before i read it i have to focus on my solution, actually there is no time for reading ^^

I hope you get it, it doesnt look like the bitcoin would stop growing Wink

thanks a lot for your help!
(04-14-2021, 08:16 PM)outaspace Wrote: Hey, aah alright, you mean a Hybrid attack!
i tried it the last days, but with this code it checks unfortunately only my words at the beginning (Ai1 ?a?a?a?a...) and then the entered charset, so hashcat does not mix the letters like ?a ?a A ?a i ?a ?a 1 and so on.

I also can´t do ?a?a my_list.txt ?a?a and so on only ?a?a?a?a my_list.txt, but i have to mix it all through

The Hashcrack book sounds great, but before i read it i have to focus on my solution, actually there is no time for reading ^^

I hope you get it, it doesnt look like the bitcoin would stop growing Wink

thanks a lot for your help!

And if you simply do a brute force containing only the letters and symbols you think might be in the password? Might be risky, but if  you know there are no XxqQyYjJ,.)(/&%_->< it will limit the max possibilites drastically. 

You can check the hash speed of your GPU and calculate the possible passwords to estimate the time.