OclHashcat-plus-0.12 - 0.14 running ALOT slower than version 0.08
Hi,

I have been using Oclhashcat-plus-0.08 for over a year now. I was running it on a single Radeon HD5870 and while having it overclocked to 900MHz, I was able to get 100.3k c/s.

I downloaded version 0.14 when I heard of the new restore function. So I started on a new hccap file, but now I am only getting 85530 c/s - and this is with my card overclocked.

Is this new version supposed to be this much slower because of some new features, or are there some settings I can enter to speed the process up?

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks.
(08-17-2013, 09:51 PM)sdnoone Wrote: Hi,

I have been using Oclhashcat-plus-0.08 for over a year now. I was running it on a single Radeon HD5870 and while having it overclocked to 900MHz, I was able to get 100.3k c/s.

I downloaded version 0.14 when I heard of the new restore function. So I started on a new hccap file, but now I am only getting 85530 c/s - and this is with my card overclocked.

Is this new version supposed to be this much slower because of some new features, or are there some settings I can enter to speed the process up?

any help would be greatly appreciated,

thanks.

I am sorry, I forgot to mention I am working on WPA/WPA2 capture files
That speed decrease is slower but not ALOT slower.

Try setting -n to 128 or higher.
For WPA, especially use -u 4096 - should be faster than 0.08
(08-18-2013, 12:16 AM)atom Wrote: For WPA, especially use -u 4096 - should be faster than 0.08

Thanks very much!

I am already 18% into a session.

Is it possible to append this command to a restore, or would I have to start a new session with the -u 4096 switch?

Thanks again.
Yes, if you change performance settings you have to redo all work.