AMD driver issue
If you guys are using kernels later than 3.9.1 there is a patch that must be applied to the driver to properly register with DKMS. With base ubuntu installs, this shouldnt be an issue, but if you run a custom kernel, it most likely will not work. The reason that 12.11b9.4 is working, is because it has the code needed.

Note, this patch is completely unsupported by AMD and might cause testicular cancer, explosive bowel syndrome, and premature hair loss.

Code:
From 848e235831aba4579644993816381f97f30a034c Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 12:42:48 +0100
Subject: [PATCH 1/1] kcl_acpi.c: use acpi_tbl_table_handler instead of
acpi_table_handler with Linux >= 3.9.1

---
kcl_acpi.c |    6 +++++-
1 file changed, 5 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/kcl_acpi.c b/kcl_acpi.c
index d875bf9..8c1653a 100755
--- a/kcl_acpi.c
+++ b/kcl_acpi.c
@@ -995,7 +995,11 @@ int ATI_API_CALL KCL_ACPI_ParseTable(char *id, KCL_ACPI_IntCallbackHandle handle
#endif
     {
         return KCL_ACPI_ERROR;
-    }    
+    }
+#if LINUX_VERSION_CODE >= KERNEL_VERSION(3,9,1)
+    ((acpi_tbl_table_handler)handler)(hdr);
+#else
     ((acpi_table_handler)handler)(hdr);
+#endif
     return KCL_ACPI_OK;
}
--
radix, I do really love your comments - and will stick with the 13.11 beta for now.
Especially the explosive bowel syndrome scares me to death, I'll be on a plane tomorrow ;-)
(12-27-2013, 06:08 PM)vrposter Wrote: radix, I do really love your comments - and will stick with the 13.11 beta for now.
Especially the explosive bowel syndrome scares me to death, I'll be on a plane tomorrow ;-)

Give it a try when you get a chance. There was decent increases in some areas, and some losses in others. I dont know why the regression was done, but I guess they had their reasons.

For reference, I'm running 3.12.6 with 13.12.
Thx a bunch for your help. I'll give it a try once I'm back home in a week.
For reference, I'm running 12.04 LTS with 3.5.0-45 and Catalyst 13.12 now

With oclHashcat-1.01 Catalyst 13.12 is supported as atom announced, running smooth on my system. I'm still sticking with 12.04 LTS. Removed Catalyst 13.11 beta and installed 13.12 final again - thx a bunch for your help!

So for my Ubuntu version and kernel the patch was not needed.
Glad to hear its working. Should see some good performance increases in areas, and slight losses on md5crypt.
any help with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux? i have 3.7-trunk kernel. older version of oclhashcat is refusinf to work claiming that there is newer version and i should use it.
i tried using newer driver version with older patch that here was on net, but it didn't work claiming that dkms couldn't build the driver.
any suggestion anyone ?
(01-05-2014, 04:49 PM)tuxthepenguin Wrote: any help with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux? i have 3.7-trunk kernel. older version of oclhashcat is refusinf to work claiming that there is newer version and i should use it.
i tried using newer driver version with older patch that here was on net, but it didn't work claiming that dkms couldn't build the driver.
any suggestion anyone ?

Download the new version of oclhashcat
(01-06-2014, 12:04 AM)The Mechanic Wrote:
(01-05-2014, 04:49 PM)tuxthepenguin Wrote: any help with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux? i have 3.7-trunk kernel. older version of oclhashcat is refusinf to work claiming that there is newer version and i should use it.
any suggestion anyone ?

I did, and with old drivers it refuses to work and i can't add patch from previous version to new drivers
(01-06-2014, 12:49 PM)tuxthepenguin Wrote:
(01-06-2014, 12:04 AM)The Mechanic Wrote:
any suggestion anyone ?

I did, and with old drivers it refuses to work and i can't add patch from previous version to new drivers

this is what i am getting :
Quote:STOP! Unsupported or incorrect installed GPU driver detected!

You are STRONGLY encouraged to use the official supported GPU driver for good reasons
See oclHashcat's homepage for official supported GPU drivers
You can use --force to override this but do not post error reports if you do so

by the way : the "force" option doesn't work