Question about oclHashcat CUDA on OS X
So I know that oclHashcat isn't on OS X because of issues with OpenCL (at least I think that was it).

What I'm wondering is why the CUDA version isn't, according to the wiki the nvcc compiler can cross compile the kernels so it sounds possible. (Well if you have an nVidia card)
Would need to test that. Which CUDA GPU are they using?
(09-18-2015, 10:37 AM)atom Wrote: Would need to test that. Which CUDA GPU are they using?

Well crud.... I forgot my updated MacBook Pro has the Intel Iris Pro, my previous one had the nVidia GPU.

So the question stills exists about why can't/isn't cudaHashcat available on OS X, however it no longer applies to me.
Because I'd need to test it and since I do not have such a Device I can't port it.
Someone buy atom a Mac.
Someone make apple install a proper OS on their machines.
I'd be interested in helping out any way that I can - including helping you test as I have a Macbook pro with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M card.  I think this would definitely be worth the time to get GPU cracking on another platform.  

Jon
GT 750M card in a small form factor? You'd probably have more success killing your Mac than cracking Tongue

Someone buy atom a Mac Pro!
This actually makes more sense with the mac book pro's. Apple included GT450m's on the 2013 and 2014 models, but have moved to just intel. I agree it would be nice to see cudaHashcat, but the fact is that Apple tweaks things which often leave the toolkits broken, or incomplete. We saw this when fiddling with opencl on a mac mini...
With the cost of Thunderbolt enclosures finally approaching a realistic level, the thought of loading up a chassis with some GPUS is very appealing.

Mods, I have a 2008 Xserve and an '07 Mac Pro sitting around the house. There are a few caveats, but if you need some Macs in order to port your software, shoot me a PM.

Gotchas:

- the latest officially supported OS is 10.7 or 10.8. There are tricks to getting all the way up to El Capitan installed though - I think modifying a couple of files from a working installation.

- the Xserve doesn't have any onboard power connectors, so it seems the best card available is a GTX 750Ti.