cracking way too fast?
#1
I'm cracking some WPA/WPA2 handshakes, and the results I'm seeing seem to be way too fast by orders of magnitude.  I'm expecting to crack WPA at between 400-500kH/s on this hardware (dual GTX 1060), and on some workloads I'm seeing 300-350MH/s instead.  This is a good problem to have, but I'm concerned the results are invalid.  Any ideas?



Code:
pdo@seven:~$ hashcat -m 2500 -w 4 Tenda.hccapx wordlists/crackstation-human-WPA.txt hashcat (v3.40) starting... * Device #1: WARNING! Kernel exec timeout is not disabled, it might cause you errors of code CL_OUT_OF_RESOURCES              See the wiki on how to disable it: https://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=timeout_patch OpenCL Platform #1: NVIDIA Corporation ====================================== * Device #1: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, 752/3008 MB allocatable, 9MCU * Device #2: GeForce GTX 1060 3GB, 753/3013 MB allocatable, 9MCU Hashes: 264 digests; 264 unique digests, 264 unique salts Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates Rules: 1 Applicable Optimizers: * Zero-Byte * Slow-Hash-SIMD Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger set to 90c Watchdog: Temperature retain trigger disabled Cache-hit dictionary stats wordlists/crackstation-human-WPA.txt: 591844916 bytes, 46663304 words, 46663304 keyspace [results redacted] Session..........: hashcat Status...........: Exhausted Hash.Type........: WPA/WPA2 Hash.Target......: Tenda.hccapx Time.Started.....: Sun Mar 26 12:10:05 2017 (2 mins, 31 secs) Time.Estimated...: Sun Mar 26 12:12:36 2017 (0 secs) Input.Base.......: File (wordlists/crackstation-human-WPA.txt) Input.Queue......: 1/1 (100.00%) Speed.Dev.#1.....:   177.0 MH/s (374.72ms) Speed.Dev.#2.....:   175.2 MH/s (374.21ms) Speed.Dev.#*.....:   352.1 MH/s Recovered........: 45/264 (17.05%) Digests, 45/264 (17.05%) Salts Progress.........: 12319112256/12319112256 (100.00%) Rejected.........: 0/12319112256 (0.00%) Restore.Point....: 46006272/46663304 (98.59%) Candidates.#1....: YOSIHUSA -> ZAINABLOVE Candidates.#2....: ZAINABMA -> שמא110506 HWMon.Dev.#1.....: Temp: 71c Fan: 54% Util:  0% Core:1898MHz Mem:3802MHz Lanes:16 HWMon.Dev.#2.....: Temp: 66c Fan: 49% Util: 90% Core:1885MHz Mem:3802MHz Lanes:4 Started: Sun Mar 26 12:09:58 2017 Stopped: Sun Mar 26 12:12:36 2017


Messages In This Thread
cracking way too fast? - by pdo - 03-26-2017, 06:25 PM
RE: cracking way too fast? - by philsmd - 03-26-2017, 06:32 PM
RE: cracking way too fast? - by pdo - 03-26-2017, 06:41 PM