need help with Permission denied
(03-13-2021, 11:50 PM)Shadow of space Wrote: please help me, I have no idea what I am doing (even when I have been trying and researching this for half a month now)

for a month? really?

first copy your hashcat to another partition like d:\ or to another folder , mostly this solves the permission problem (windows sometimes doesnt like working on c: ) ^^

second, example give by you
hashcat-6.1.1>hashcat.exe -m 22100 bitlocker.txt rockyou.txt
would mean to try your bitlocker recovery 48 digits? cracking with a WORDlist -> will not work

sry its late maybe tomorrow a litte more on this

EDIT:
you are mixing up here so much things, i dont knwo where to start, your textfile is john the ripper relate,not hashcat

maybe this thread can help you,
https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-9691.html
for short, do some research with another encypted drive you know the password (like preparing an usb stick or something like that) get the hash with john or anything else and then try to attack it with hahscat and your known password, im not sure that is possible to attack the recovery key, if you managed it to crack the usb with your known pw you can switch to your drive. best approach would be a list with passwords you use and maybe rules to begin with

Messages In This Thread
RE: need help with Permission denied - by Snoopy - 03-14-2021, 01:37 AM
RE: need help with Permission denied - by Snoopy - 03-16-2021, 11:06 AM