stdout issue
Hello,

I am complete noob in your world. So first, thank you for letting me write here. It has been a week that I have discover linux, I boot on a USB key on my mac, and read and play with hashcat.

I am trying to recover my old ethereum wallet. I have got an old computer, so I am trying to get organized and mostly willing to learn in the process and alleviate the frustration of a password loss. (There is very little money in my wallet)

I am trying to build a list of all the passwords I have tried. I thought that --stdout could give all possibilities that hashcat tried when I try a combinator attack. For example 
hashcat -m 15700 -w 2 hashcode.txt -a 1 combileft.txt combiright1.txt --stdout   
But this option is not accepted. I have tried with -p too.

Is it possible to put in a file all the passwords that have been tried by hashcat so that I build a list of all failed passwords and avoid computing twice the same ?

Thanks a lot
(05-06-2021, 07:23 PM)JuanPelota Wrote: Hello,

I am complete noob in your world. So first, thank you for letting me write here. It has been a week that I have discover linux, I boot on a USB key on my mac, and read and play with hashcat.

I am trying to recover my old ethereum wallet. I have got an old computer, so I am trying to get organized and mostly willing to learn in the process and alleviate the frustration of a password loss. (There is very little money in my wallet)

I am trying to build a list of all the passwords I have tried. I thought that --stdout could give all possibilities that hashcat tried when I try a combinator attack. For example 
hashcat -m 15700 -w 2 hashcode.txt -a 1 combileft.txt combiright1.txt --stdout   
But this option is not accepted. I have tried with -p too.

Is it possible to put in a file all the passwords that have been tried by hashcat so that I build a list of all failed passwords and avoid computing twice the same ?

Thanks a lot

You must use a command:

./hashcat --force --stdout name.txt -r rules/best64.rule > pwd.list

If it fails, generate it from dive.rule
just use
hashcat --stdout -a 1 1.txt 2.txt

1.txt =
a
b
c
2.txt =

resulting in
a1
a2
a3
b1
b2
b3
c1
c2
c3
Thank you

I see the point, I shall use the hashcat command without the method and the hash

great