Question about persistent boot (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux) and hashcat
I'm currently using The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux live boot with a flash drive. I noticed only the CPU device shows up on the list of device being used by Hashcat. Is that intentional or a missing driver for my GPU 5700XT during The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux live boot?
also, did forum automatically add ```The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well ``` into my thread?
well this should be the fact yes, a LIVE distro uses basic drivers

hashcat startpage:
AMD GPUs on Linux require "RadeonOpenCompute (ROCm)" Software Platform (3.1 or later)

so you have to install additional drivers / software

second:
yes because k.a.l.i. is known as The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)
(09-08-2021, 04:22 PM)Snoopy Wrote: well this should be the fact yes, a LIVE distro uses basic drivers

hashcat startpage:
AMD GPUs on Linux require "RadeonOpenCompute (ROCm)" Software Platform (3.1 or later)

so you have to install additional drivers / software

second:
yes because k.a.l.i. is known as The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali))

Ok thank you so much. So I need to install AMD driver specific to 5700 XT in order for it to show up in hashcat on the live boot? Or should I just install The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) linux on a drive itself?
well i think it would be better to use another standard linux and install it on an extra drive yes, liveboot with persistance is quite nice, but i think there are other use cases than building a cracking usb with hashcat

the automatic replacement ka.li with The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) is intended...