Is hashcat working in linux with amd gpu?
#1
I want to buy 6900xt GPU
I use arch linux.

I tried to find useful information, but I'm out of luck.

It seems that there are problems with OpenCL support for rdna2
I've found something abut rocm, but no really useful info.

There is post on the forum with supported hardware.
I checked ROCm docs and there is only one supported GPU from RDNA and it is AMD Radeon™ Pro W6800

On the forum, there are benchmark results from Windows. Is it working on Windows and not on Linux?

Currently, pretty much every GPU related topic is about gaming.
Reply
#2
Amd works with Opencl and HIP , use of arch may cause issues with rocm, only certain linux kernels are compatible with rocm out of the box. I am using ubuntu 20.04 with 5.13.0 . And yes information about supported models / operating systems from AMD is severely lacking 

.txt   AMD-HIP-6700XT.txt (Size: 6.71 KB / Downloads: 25)
.txt   AMD-OPENCL-6700XT.txt (Size: 7.15 KB / Downloads: 24)
Reply
#3
Had the same problem with my rx590 on Arch. Remove hashcat and install hashcat-git from aur.
Also remove the current opencl driver and install opencl-amd from aur.
Reply
#4
If you want gpu just for hash cracking, you should go with nvidia.
Reply