Combine CPU and GPU for cracking?
#1
Hello. I just recently found out about using an intel cpu for cracking and I was wondering if there might be a way to run an intel cpu and an nvidia gpu simultaneously to speed up a crack?
Reply
#2
Just make sure that the drivers are correctly installed. Hashcat will automatically detect 2 platforms then.
Use -D 1,2 in your command to use both platforms.
Reply
#3
Thank you, Sir. I guess that's why I never saw instructions....because it's automatic. Sure enough, it's working.
Reply
#4
Hello,

I have the same question... But when I run 
hashcat -I, I get only the GPU:
Code:
Successfully initialized NVIDIA CUDA library. Failed to initialize NVIDIA RTC library. * Device #1: CUDA SDK Toolkit not installed or incorrectly installed.             CUDA SDK Toolkit required for proper device support and utilization.             Falling back to OpenCL runtime. OpenCL Info: ============ OpenCL Platform ID #1   Vendor..: NVIDIA Corporation   Name....: NVIDIA CUDA   Version.: OpenCL 1.2 CUDA 11.1.96   Backend Device ID #1     Type...........: GPU     Vendor.ID......: 32     Vendor.........: NVIDIA Corporation     Name...........: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB     Version........: OpenCL 1.2 CUDA     Processor(s)...: 10     Clock..........: 1708     Memory.Total...: 6144 MB (limited to 1536 MB allocatable in one block)     Memory.Free....: 3200 MB     OpenCL.Version.: OpenCL C 1.2     Driver.Version.: 456.71     PCI.Addr.BDF...: 06:00.0


So, running -D 1 would run on GPU.
I tried -D 1,0 and -D 1,2 but in both cases the index is out of bounds.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
Hendrik
Reply
#5
Hello,

after installing w_opencl_runtime_p_2021.2.0.616  the CPU us shown.
Still, I have some issues, but they are not fitting into this thread -- I will open a new one.

Best regards,
Hendrik
Reply