utilization gpu
hello guys i need help with low utilization gpu

the utilization of gpu not stable sometime go with 20% sometime 0% sometime like you see in photo 90 % 75% ?

and when utilization 0% The time to complete the process is much longer
that was my first question

the questione 2 is what is mean "device #2 NVIDIA Geforce rtx 3080 laptop gpu,skipped"

you see it in the one of this photes and thank you guys
.png   2.png (Size: 426.47 KB / Downloads: 10)
.png   3.png (Size: 426.15 KB / Downloads: 6)
.png   Screenshot (14).png (Size: 404.44 KB / Downloads: 6)
Utilization will not be accurate with your typical windows software. As long as your hashrate is staying consistent there should be no issues. I'd be more concerned with your GPU getting to hot being in a laptop.

As for the Device #2 it pertains to other drivers available to use with hashcat. GPU's can use both CUDA & OpenCL drivers, therefore there will be Device #1 as your CUDA driver and Device #2 as the OpenCL driver.
(05-04-2022, 04:39 AM)slyexe Wrote: Utilization will not be accurate with your typical windows software.  As long as your hashrate is staying consistent there should be no issues. I'd be more concerned with your GPU getting to hot being in a laptop.

As for the Device #2 it pertains to other drivers available to use with hashcat. GPU's can use both CUDA & OpenCL drivers, therefore there will be Device #1 as your CUDA driver and Device #2 as the OpenCL driver.

thank tou for replay sir.
The hottest gpu does not exceed 70 degrees i try it for 7hour and is so fine the temp gpu.
im just i dont understand why Utilization not stable on 99%I watched videos for pepole use hashcat on windows like me but they have stable Utilization So I don't really understand where the problem is
(05-04-2022, 12:47 PM)koki90 Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 04:39 AM)slyexe Wrote: Utilization will not be accurate with your typical windows software.  As long as your hashrate is staying consistent there should be no issues. I'd be more concerned with your GPU getting to hot being in a laptop.

thank tou for replay sir.
The hottest gpu does not exceed 70 degrees i try it for 7hour and is so fine the temp gpu.
im just i dont understand why Utilization not stable on 99%I watched videos for pepole use hashcat on windows like me but they have stable Utilization So I don't really understand where the problem is

Try combining your wordlist with rules, rules are applied directly on the gpu part pushing your utilisiation due to the fact, that the passwords doesnt need to be copied, the bottleneck is copying the candidates, using just a pure wordlist will therefore mostly never reach full utilisation

EDIT:
when looking at your password candidates i noticed these three special chars before, three special chars after your words, these would be easily done with rules and just plain words
I additionally install a monitoring program like GPU-Z. First, I control overheating, and the card itself is more convenient to configure you can see a video of how it works https://soft4bro.com/instructions/techpo...monitoring
(02-15-2023, 10:17 PM)Duckworth Wrote: I additionally install a monitoring program like GPU Candy Crush Z. First, I control overheating, and the card itself is more convenient to configure you can see a video of how it works https://soft4bro.com/instructions/techpo...monitoring 

Thanks for sharing this.