5x 1080 TI on linux
#11
I just installed CUDA SKA with the following commands:

Code:
wget https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/repos/ubuntu2004/x86_64/cuda-ubuntu2004.pin sudo mv cuda-ubuntu2004.pin /etc/apt/preferences.d/cuda-repository-pin-600 wget https://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/11.7.0/local_installers/cuda-repo-ubuntu2004-11-7-local_11.7.0-515.43.04-1_amd64.deb sudo dpkg -i cuda-repo-ubuntu2004-11-7-local_11.7.0-515.43.04-1_amd64.deb sudo cp /var/cuda-repo-ubuntu2004-11-7-local/cuda-*-keyring.gpg /usr/share/keyrings/ sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get -y install cuda


After a reboot, seems better

Code:
hashcat (v6.2.5) starting in backend information mode * Device #4: Outdated POCL OpenCL driver detected! CUDA Info: ========== CUDA.Version.: 11.7 Backend Device ID #1   Name...........: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti   Processor(s)...: 28   Clock..........: 1582   Memory.Total...: 11176 MB   Memory.Free....: 11029 MB   PCI.Addr.BDFe..: 0000:01:00.0 Backend Device ID #2   Name...........: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti   Processor(s)...: 28   Clock..........: 1582   Memory.Total...: 11178 MB   Memory.Free....: 11034 MB   PCI.Addr.BDFe..: 0000:03:00.0 Backend Device ID #3   Name...........: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti   Processor(s)...: 28   Clock..........: 1582   Memory.Total...: 11178 MB   Memory.Free....: 11034 MB   PCI.Addr.BDFe..: 0000:04:00.0
Reply
#12
Additionnaly to my problems, I had to change the risers used. The previous guy who mounted this RIG for mining used bad quality risers and powered them like a bitch using cascading SATA/MOLEX connector ...

I replaced these riser with high quality one and powered them only using PCI.
Reply