OpenCL Runtime for Intel version?
hi everybody,

i've extract hash from rar archive with rar2john, then run hashcat have error about missing OpenCL runtime
my hash (edited for  hashcat) is like this one: ( lenght 96 characters )
Code:
$rar5$16$0fdf77xxxxxxxxxxx98f9fda6$15$2b59da45dxxxxxxxxd4eab0e4c$8$11724xxxxxx953ea

i have an old laptop with intel i5 and win7 x64
you can show me the right link to download the correct version of OpenCL runtime for my laptop?
i'm not sure to find/install the right version ....

and also:  OpenCL runtime is strictly necessary to run hashcat ?
in attach my issue with hashcat

thanks for your attention

Attached Files
.jpg   dd.jpg (Size: 41.93 KB / Downloads: 4)
my laptop have 4 core and also another ATI video card, beyond Intel Graphic card, in use now
It says right in the error what to do. If your computer no longer has support from its OS (windows 7) then fallback to using older versions of hashcat with NO SUPPORT on the forum. Otherwise, just do what it is saying in the CLI. Install the necessary drivers for your system to be recognized by hashcat.
yes i know that
i've ask only link to download the right driver for my laptop
found this: intel_sdk_for_opencl_applications_2020.3.494.zip. it's ok ?

also: from cmd i run only hashcat hash.txt
it's enough or need more command ?
i've read, from other thread here, that to find a password takes DAYS (with fast and new pc, not mine) ...

so i wonder what is the advantage of using hashcat against a passw cracker app like PassFab for RAR
Do you want another company having your data? In lots of cases, it is private information which is why it is passworded to begin with.