Does anyone use Flexible x4 PCI Express 4-Way Splitter ?
Does anyone use Flexible x4 PCI Express 4-Way Splitter ?

http://www.amfeltec.com/products/x4pcie-splitter4.php

Splits upstream x4/x8/x16 PCI Express Bus into up to 4 downstream x1 PCI Express buses
Flexible connection between x4 PCI Express host card and downstream x1 PCI Express expansion add-in boards
Easy placement downstream PCI Express boards inside embedded chassis
Retention PCI Express host card without using bracket (US Patent 7,850,475)
Very interesting concept.

The x1 speeds shouldn't hurt performance much.

The main problem with stuff like this (in most cases) is that the drivers typically have an 8 device limit (so 4x6990s). This can be done without complicated splitters in most cases.

So, please feel free to buy one and review it! It might be very nice for those without high end systems who want to add a few more GPUs.
I think this gadget costs more, than the price difference between a normal mobo and a mobo with 8 pci-e x1 slots...
(07-23-2012, 03:21 AM)sigi77 Wrote: I think this gadget costs more, than the price difference between a normal mobo and a mobo with 8 pci-e x1 slots...

would you like to suggest me some mb with 8 pci-e (x1) slots ?

thank you.

(07-22-2012, 05:46 PM)Bitweasil Wrote: Very interesting concept.

The x1 speeds shouldn't hurt performance much.

The main problem with stuff like this (in most cases) is that the drivers typically have an 8 device limit (so 4x6990s). This can be done without complicated splitters in most cases.

So, please feel free to buy one and review it! It might be very nice for those without high end systems who want to add a few more GPUs.

8x7970s will be much faster than 4x6990s Smile I'll review it!

I dream that somebody could crack the 8 device limit in ATI driver.
Im not shure thats possible because the IRQ channels...
could be possible since nvidia supports 16gpu
(07-23-2012, 06:54 PM)sigi77 Wrote: Im not shure thats possible because the IRQ channels...

We haven't used IRQ channels in about 5 years. PCI-E uses message signalled interrupts - there is no physical IRQ line anymore to worry about.