What gfx card to buy?
(12-08-2012, 06:34 PM)epixoip Wrote: They are VisionTek 900557, but I would not recommend them. They are hard to keep cool due to poor quality control. The temps are way over the place, and some cards get much hotter than others. I need to take them all apart and re-apply thermal paste on all of them, and try some different cooling solutions.

I would recommend HIS H797QM3G2M, as that is what d3ad0ne has in his 8x 7970 rig, and he has had far less problems than me.

I think GIGABYTE GV-R797TO-3GD might be worth looking at as well. I don't know anyone who has one, but I feel like that's the one I should have gotten.

Thanks, great information! Are you looking at the gigabyte for better quality components or because it has three fans, or both?
These gigabyte are really silent and cool, also they drops hot air into top of them, it makes much much easier to make them stay cool.
I know this thread is a little old, but I bought a mid-range card I guess you could say a 660 TI...with a Q8400 desktop and this card. I'm getting around 29,300k for WPA dictionary attack..

Was getting only about 2k with my quad alone, so def improvement. However, I had a lot of issues trying to use what I had already (which just met the requirements of the card). Had to upgrade PSU and heat sink fan.