Speed drop after playing game (Crysis3)
Just noticed that when I play game my WPA cracking speed drops from around 90K to 65K and I don't know how to make it faster after that. My GPU is 6950 (unlocked to 6970) Catalyst 13.1, and my setup is --gpu-accel 16 --gpu-loops 128 (tried higher but screen slows down and I get only 2k more). Is there any solution? If I don't use --gpu-accel 16 --gpu-loops 128 my speed is around 12k which is VERY SLOW and before this problem was 65k... Please help me solve this!
is this a serious question?
Yes it's serous question, because I can't get speed back to 90k any more (tried reinstaling drivers and it didn't work). Created system backup before problem started and so far my solution is to restore image and then it works...
you're using your graphics card for password cracking, while also playing a game that makes heavy use of your graphics card, and you're wondering why the speed drops?
Like Jeremi said, this is absolutely normal and there is nothing you can do about it, shaders can't be "reserved" to one task only, unlike CPU cores.
"Low resource utilization, you can still watch movies or play games while cracking" means you can still do X while it cracks, but there will always be speed drops in such cases.
The heavier the load on the GPU by X, the slower the speeds get, simple as that.
Not playing and cracking at the same time! Cracking at 90k, playing, and when finished playing tried to continue cracking but speed is 65k! Didn't change anything in parameters!
By "finished playing" do you mean the game actually closed or just minimized?
Also, does the speed rise to around 90k with time, from 65k?
Game closed. And speed doesn't rise from 65k. Tried restarting and same thing...
Interesting, this could be an AMD issue only, needs more testing.
Provide us with the steps to reproduce this and add as much info as possible, while keeping the order of steps.
And don't forget the exact version of hc!
After that, I'll try to reproduce it, maybe someone with an AMD card will too.
Clean Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 with all basic programs and drivers installed (Catalyst 13.1), oclHashcat-plus v0.13, tried cracking and its working flawlessly (90k with --gpu-accel 16 --gpu-loops 128) without screen lag (with previous versions of oclHashcat-plus and 12.8 drivers and same parameters I had screen lag when cracking). Tried few dictionary files (computer worked 8 hours cracking but that's not relevant) and then I wanted to play Crysis 3 (and so I did). Finished playing (game fully closed, or system restart) and I wanted to continue cracking but now speed is 65k with same parameters (nothing changed). Tried restarting system, reinstaling drivers (uninstall, reboot, install again) and speed still the same, 65k. If I remove parameters and use default ones speed is just around 12k and before was 65k! Tried deleting oclHashcat-plus and unpacking it again and same thing. The only thing that works is system reinstall (witch I did - restore acronis image with clean install). My system configuration is:
AsRock Z77-PRO4, 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz, Intel Core i5-3570K and MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II/OC (unlocked to 6970 and overclocked to 840/1325MHz)...