Opencl.dll is missing
I did a complete removal of drivers using amd catalyst install manager and driver fusion. I then re-installed catalyst 13-1. Using hd6870.

c:\oclHashcat-plus-0.14>oclHashcat-plus32.exe -m 2500 -d 1 -o key 25342_1370543398.hccap g:\noname2
System error: The program can't start because OpenCL.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

I'm new to AMD so could someone give me a plan?

[Image: H1vvehb.jpg]
those paths dont look right... did you install the SDK?
I installed this:


I think those were there before I did the driver fusion clean, and it wouldn't let me delete those. I deleted other openCL.dll as instructed in this guide but it seems the driver installation didn't put them back.
what happens if you use the 64bit version instead?
Same problem. I tried that too. I could probably find the dll somewhere on the net, but I don't know the filesize or where its supposed to go. Any idea?


I got past the dll problem by copying one from my local filerepository folder to the hashcat folder. Now I have a new error:

ERROR: No AMD/SDS compatible platform found

Anyone ever got that?
You haven't installed the driver properbly, otherwise you would have it located in c:\windows\ or so. Please run driver fusion free version to clean uninstall your current driver setup and then run 13.1 setup again
Thanks Atom. I tried the removal/install process again, and still get the opencl.dll is missing. I'm thinking my 13.1 driver isn't installing it. I'm using 13-1_vista_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql for an xfx hd6870. The filesize is 146MB.

[Image: 23BaDJH.jpg]

Then reboot and start driver-fusion. Fusion free can't remove all.
[Image: g9xRCkD.jpg]

Then reboot again and start install.
[Image: Iacv2C7.jpg]

Driver Information
[Image: MHLEk80.jpg]

Card works on games, but hashcat still reports no opencl.dll. I appologize for my AMD noobness, please continue to help. I've been searching all over google and hashcat forums.
Update: Fixed

Holy moly I figured it out. I think the problem is because I'm using windows server 2008 R2 and for some reason the driver wouldn't install the opencl.dll.

What fixed it was by going to:
and running Opencl.msi manually. Now my machine has opencl.dll in the system32 and sysWOW64 directories and hashcat is running correctly at ~57000k/s. Thanks for the help everyone.
[Image: nlE7Q7E.jpg]