Cuda emulation
After trying to install Cuda on a Linux machine with nvidia, it turns out that the GPU does not work with Cuda. The laptop has an nvidia quadro NVS 110M, however Cuda requires at least NVS 130.

After this I was thinking about Cuda emulation but I'm not sure whether it would work and whether it would make sense, since Cuda emulation works on the CPU. Did someone maybe try to use hahashcat with Cuda via emulation or is there a way to use the older quadro GPU?
(11-09-2013, 05:21 PM)aster Wrote: After trying to install Cuda on a Linux machine with nvidia, it turns out that the GPU does not work with Cuda. The laptop has an nvidia quadro NVS 110M, however Cuda requires at least NVS 130.

After this I was thinking about Cuda emulation but I'm not sure whether it would work and whether it would make sense, since Cuda emulation works on the CPU. Did someone maybe try to use hahashcat with Cuda via emulation or is there a way to use the older quadro GPU?
Why looking for trouble? Just buy a cheap AMD card and you are going to do better than your quadro.
(11-12-2013, 03:46 PM)mastercracker Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 05:21 PM)aster Wrote: After trying to install Cuda on a Linux machine with nvidia, it turns out that the GPU does not work with Cuda. The laptop has an nvidia quadro NVS 110M, however Cuda requires at least NVS 130.

Why looking for trouble? Just buy a cheap AMD card and you are going to do better than your quadro.

Yes, you're right of course, it's not really worth the hassle.

However there was an emulator in earlier Cuda SDK packages and there is also an emulator called Ocelot. I was just wondering if there are users who tried already to use Cuda this way.