$3,000 budget ?
Greetings,

I am wondering if anyone could provide some ideas for how a budget of $3,000 US might be spent building a Hashcat box. Are there any vendors building boxes? The budget may be flexible.

Bonus question, whats the baddest box out there for running oclHashcat, that's been built by anyone in this community? Is PC5 on the benchmark stats (Ubuntu with 8x GPU) the top of the line?

Thanks
epixoip's boxen are pretty nasty. for 3 grand, get a big case, cheap proc, ram, hdd, and as many video cards as you can stuff in it. you probably dont get too far with 290x's, but price things out.
there are vendors building boxes, but not for $3k. with a budget of $3k, you're stuck with desktop hardware. if i were you, i'd be looking at Chenbro RM41300-FS81, Lepa G1600, Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD7, FX-8350, 3x 280/280X/290/290X.

(01-14-2014, 06:05 AM)radix Wrote: epixoip's boxen are pretty nasty.

aww <3
Where the hell do you guys buy the LEPA G1600? Everywhere I look, it's out of stock...
it's always out of stock because we buy them all Wink
epixoip, do you have a link to any pre-built machines for sale? (any price)
we do not sell pre-built systems, all of the systems we sell are build-to-order. no link because we are not yet selling to the general public.
it's always out of stock because we buy them all Wink
G