Poll: Do you find Hashtopus interesting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I would use it
94.62%
88 94.62%
No, it's a shitty idea
5.38%
5 5.38%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hashtopus - distributed solution
Hello.I have problems with the client hashtopus on win 8.1. After starting up and entering the voucher win8 closes the program with a message: the program Termination. searching for problems... and then the program hashtopus.exe discontinued.
P.s. installed a clean win8.1
(05-15-2015, 02:31 AM)qssr Wrote: Hello.I have problems with the client hashtopus on win 8.1. After starting up and entering the voucher win8 closes the program with a message: the program Termination. searching for problems... and then the program hashtopus.exe discontinued.

Start it in command line - you will see the exception. Post it here in the forum.
How to use auto increament?
unless i am mistaken you cannot use auto increment in hashtopus, instead you have to make a task for every increment and prioritize them in the order you want them executed
(05-17-2015, 09:12 AM)kulme Wrote: How to use auto increament?

Auto increment doesn't work. See comment from xoxox.
You have to make a new task for every length.
A new task for 5 chars, a new task for 6 chars, a new task for 7 chars, ...
And give the task with 5 chars priority 9, the task with 6 chars priority 8 and so on.
It wil then simulate the increment mode from oclhashcat.
(05-15-2015, 02:31 AM)qssr Wrote: Hello.I have problems with the client hashtopus on win 8.1. After starting up and entering the voucher win8 closes the program with a message: the program Termination. searching for problems... and then the program hashtopus.exe discontinued.

Maybe you got the same problem as me in the beginning.
See the post of me here for the solution:
http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-3159-page-11.html

You can also see an example here of how to incement from pyrex.

(05-08-2015, 10:39 AM)curlyboi Wrote:
(05-07-2015, 04:23 PM)magere-hein Wrote: I don't know what the problem can be with this? Or how to fix it.

Run "hashtopus.exe debug" to see the command actually passed to oclHashcat.

99% this is related to too small chunk size resulting in lack of GPU utilization. May be caused by bad/inaccurate task benchmark. Increase the chunk size manualy by increasing the individual agent benchmark value in the admn/task details

Oooh Ok, that could explain it, if I run oclhashcat brute force only with 4 chars hashcat also complains that the wordlist or mask that I use is to small.
What I found strange is that if I checked the cracking speed that it still said it was cracking around 9000MH/s.
I will set a bigger chunck size and let you know how it went.
I don't know if is the right place to do so but I have suggestions for features in Hashtopus.

1) Creation of SuperTasks. Which you would group a set of tasks under a name so instead of checking 15 boxes to setup an attack, you check only the group name and you're done. This will please also people that complains about not being able to use -i since you can setup once the 12 attacks for ?d 1-12 and create a SuperTask.

2) Under the Tasks page, have a button to export the table as an excel file (I know that I can manually copy and paste the values but export would be more practical). This way you can use the same set of attacks on different hash lists and export everything when they are completed. Once done you merge all the result and see how each single attack performs (number of cracks).
I have something that looks like a bug. I have a list of MD5($salt.$pass.$salt) hashes with salts in hex. I import them in Hashtopus and they look like what they are supposed to be when I check them after the import. However, when I set up a dictionary attack with the --hex-salt switch, the attack runs without any hits and I know for sure that several hits should be present.
(06-01-2015, 03:45 AM)mastercracker Wrote: I have something that looks like a bug. I have a list of MD5($salt.$pass.$salt) hashes with salts in hex. I import them in Hashtopus and they look like what they are supposed to be when I check them after the import. However, when I set up a dictionary attack with the --hex-salt switch, the attack runs without any hits and I know for sure that several hits should be present.

Does the agent show some cracked hashes but then you see some of them skipped?
(06-01-2015, 11:12 AM)curlyboi Wrote: Does the agent show some cracked hashes but then you see some of them skipped?
Now that you mention it, I remember wondering what the skipped were so yes some are skipped but why? No agents reported cracks and the hashlist still states that it there are zero hashes cracked.