Poll: Do you find Hashtopus interesting?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, I would use it
94.62%
88 94.62%
No, it's a shitty idea
5.38%
5 5.38%
Total 93 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Hashtopus - distributed solution
0.9.8 has new feature with catalyst_ver.txt.

It's the same as in Linux, just create a text file catalyst_ver.txt and put a simple string like 1504 or something like that in there, which would mean your AMD catalyst is 15.04
thanks curlyboi
(11-16-2015, 05:38 PM)curlyboi Wrote:
(11-14-2015, 08:57 AM)rchange Wrote: How to create a task so you can use a mask?

HOWEVER!!
You cannot use hcmask files in distributed attacks (oclHashcat limitation)
so the effort here is useless.

It is a pity of course.

And it is possible more in detail about the individual tasks, if you can not use hmask.
(11-19-2015, 12:58 PM)rchange Wrote: And it is possible more in detail about the individual tasks, if you can not use hmask.

You simply create a new task for every line in the hcmask file.
Hello,
I have successfully installed and configured the server (running mint linux) and connected my windows machine to it. On the mint machine, when I run hashtopus agent, I get an unhandled exception. (I can post full if requested)

System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "/home/susfdap/hashtopus/hashcat/eula.accepted".

What it appears is happening is when extracted, hashtopus agent expects the directory 'hashcat' and not the directory that actually gets made called 'oclhashcat-1.37'

I manually changed the name of the directory to 'hashcat' and ran the client, worked and connected. I don't have a GitHub account so I can't add an issue, sorry.

Keep up the good work curlyboi
Hey everyone,

I just created an account to simply post a sincere thank-you to atom (and team) and curlyboi.  

I've been using cudaHashcat for a while just for fun. I decided yesterday to have a go at hashtopus to see if I could get a distributed solution up and running. This software works amazingly well- thank you. 

My experience was also aided by the video posted by Robert Reif on youtube, which was a handy visual guide on setting up Hashtopus (plus of course, culyboi's own guide). 

In case anyone else is setting this up for the first time, I ran the LAMP server from a virtualbox VM, and tested two agents on Ubuntu 14.04 machines with Nvidia cards (970 and 580). The only issue I had was getting the agents to work after hashtopus.exe downloaded cudaHashcat-1.37. I had to modify the "Hashcat releases" table on Hashtopus to ensure all the Nvidia 64 (32 if that is what you have) kernels where extracted- the default setting wasn't extracting any kernels at all (default setting didn't match the 1.37 kernel file name structure). I just changed the "Files to extract" section, 64 bit, to 'kernels/4318/*' and it was sweet. I'm sure it could be narrowed down better but extracting some additional files was no concern for me. 

Any other issues I had were all well explained in this forum. 

Anyways- thanks again Gents. Awesome pieces of software and both are very effective. 

cheers
(11-23-2015, 11:50 AM)nowakezone Wrote: What it appears is happening is when extracted, hashtopus agent expects the directory 'hashcat' and not the directory that actually gets made called 'oclhashcat-1.37'

In each release definition, there are two columns (nvidia and amd) that specify the root directory inside the archive.
Most likely, your definition does not match the contents of the oclhashcat archive (maybe in the archive it's oclhashcat-1.37 but you have oclHashcat-1.37?). If this is the case, then the mechanism that should later rename the original versioned directory to just "hashcat" does not work and therefore the path does not exist later on.
(12-04-2015, 04:57 AM)magnetvox Wrote: the default setting wasn't extracting any kernels at all (default setting didn't match the 1.37 kernel file name structure

Thank's for the heads-up. I fixed this and created new package to download with good settings out of the box. (just replaced .ptx for .cubin and the rest was good)
My apologies if I couldn't fined answer by search but.. How I can add releases placed for local distrib on my pc? 1) I started ftp service 2) I put files in shared folder 3) I wrote path to files in releases like ftp://
Reliant: if I tried to download them it says files not found + u agent not see my server in local but 2 PC have ping to each other. What's I need du first?
@curlyboi Maybe you could think about getting your own forum for hashtopus, this thread is getting more crappy with each new post.