oclHashcat v1.20
(04-28-2014, 10:01 PM)richk Wrote: Well in case anyone is interested here's a link to instructions for upgrading libc on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali). Note that you're installing from the debian sid (unstable) repository so it could break stuff. As of right now, cudaHashcat-1.20 is working great on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) after the upgrade. Did the upgrade break other programs on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)? I don't know. Time will tell.

Link:
https://forums.The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali).org/showthread.php?18899-Glibc-2-14-upgrade-for-using-yara-python

Actual Instructions from the site:
Quote:I was able to install libc6 2.17

IMPORTANT*
You need to exit out of your display manager by pressing CTRL-ALT-F1.
Enter root credentials.
Then you can stop x with /etc/init.d/slim stop

(replace slim with mdm or lightdm or gdm3 or whatever your current display manager is)

Add the following line to the file /etc/apt/sources.list: (nano /etc/apt/sources.list)

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian sid main

Update your package database:
apt-get update

Install the eglibc package:

apt-get -t sid install libc6-amd64 libc6-dev

IMPORTANT
After done updating libc6, restart computer, and you should comment out or remove the sid source you just added (deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian sid main), or else you risk upgrading your whole distro to sid and will most likely corrupt your distro.

Hope this helps. It took me a while to figure out.

On a scale of 1-10 i would give this a -1,234,765 score on what to do. Upgrading your libc library to the unstable sid version WILL break many of The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)'s features [Trust me, I have already tried this... and test every method of fixing it.. There is none]. Should ask atom to do what bitcoin did and make a static link to the old libraries... Otherwise, don't have 1.20 installed on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and wait... or wait for a fix from The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) members [that doesn't involve using an unstable version of libc... I assure you, it will break...]
Thanks atom Smile

I hope the to get soon the GUI version from blandyuk Smile
(04-29-2014, 10:59 PM)3kings Wrote:
(04-28-2014, 10:01 PM)richk Wrote: Well in case anyone is interested here's a link to instructions for upgrading libc on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali). Note that you're installing from the debian sid (unstable) repository so it could break stuff. As of right now, cudaHashcat-1.20 is working great on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) after the upgrade. Did the upgrade break other programs on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)? I don't know. Time will tell.

Link:
https://forums.The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali).org/showthread.php?18899-Glibc-2-14-upgrade-for-using-yara-python

Actual Instructions from the site:
Quote:I was able to install libc6 2.17

IMPORTANT*
You need to exit out of your display manager by pressing CTRL-ALT-F1.
Enter root credentials.
Then you can stop x with /etc/init.d/slim stop

(replace slim with mdm or lightdm or gdm3 or whatever your current display manager is)

Add the following line to the file /etc/apt/sources.list: (nano /etc/apt/sources.list)

deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian sid main

Update your package database:
apt-get update

Install the eglibc package:

apt-get -t sid install libc6-amd64 libc6-dev

IMPORTANT
After done updating libc6, restart computer, and you should comment out or remove the sid source you just added (deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian sid main), or else you risk upgrading your whole distro to sid and will most likely corrupt your distro.

Hope this helps. It took me a while to figure out.

On a scale of 1-10 i would give this a -1,234,765 score on what to do. Upgrading your libc library to the unstable sid version WILL break many of The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali)'s features [Trust me, I have already tried this... and test every method of fixing it.. There is none]. Should ask atom to do what bitcoin did and make a static link to the old libraries... Otherwise, don't have 1.20 installed on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) and wait... or wait for a fix from The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) members [that doesn't involve using an unstable version of libc... I assure you, it will break...]

I agree, and I mentioned as such in my message. Messing with libc is generally bad, but if you know what you're doing, and none of the other programs you are using on The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) are broken by upgrading then go for it. If you're cracking passwords I assume you have enough knowledge to understand the implications of doing something like this.

Atom, what are the chances of getting a version with a static link to the old libraries until Debian upgrades libc in the next version?
Hi.
I'm using oclHashcat v1.20 and a R9 280x with Win 8.1, but when I try any command I see:
Error: cannot use outdated oclHashcat.restore. Please remove it.

So I remove oclHashcat.restore, but the problem continues.

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.
(04-30-2014, 09:36 PM)Jef57 Wrote: Hi.
I'm using oclHashcat v1.20 and a R9 280x with Win 8.1, but when I try any command I see:

You are probably using v1.20 in the same directory that you were using previous versions. Delete your old restore files and start anew.
never extract a new hashcat archive into an existing hashcat installation. always start fresh.
Awesome - manymany thanks to Atom and the beta testers!

Just uninstalled Catalyst 13.12 and installed Catalyst 14.4. Adjusted some of my batch scripts for paths and were ready to go after 20 minutes with oclHashcat 1.20 (from 1.01 before)

Everything cool and smooth. Running a single Asus 7970. For reference: Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.5.0-49-generic x86_64)
(04-30-2014, 10:00 PM)richk Wrote:
(04-30-2014, 09:36 PM)Jef57 Wrote: Hi.

You are probably using v1.20 in the same directory that you were using previous versions. Delete your old restore files and start anew.

Thanks. I was running oclHashcat 1.20 in D:, but i found " oclHashcat.restore" in C: and delete it. Now is working.

Thanks very much.
Hi guys.
I run oclHashCat on Windows 7 x64 with Radeon HD 7850. When i run locally all is fine.
But when i connect via SSH (Bitvise SSH Server) - i've got ERROR: clGetDeviceIDs() -1

All instructions refer to Linux, i cannot find same for SSH on Windows.
How should i do?
The Windows driver model does not allow access to the accelerated graphics for a particular session if that session does not use accelerated graphics, so people have had extremely limited success with cracking on remote Windows systems. Though now that I say that, I do recall mastercracker was able to get something working with some psexec hackery. But as a general rule, if you plan to run oclHashcat remotely, Windows is not the correct OS.