GTX 970 Benchmarks
Flomax - yes, you right!
This is over "target temperature" limiting.
I solve it by buying new PC case, renew thermal compound on cards, and install third GTX 970.

Three cards on default settings(430kH/s) is too loud, but i little slow down hash speed. I set target temperarure 78 deg.C and quiet fan profile. (40% speed on 80C temp.)

Hash.Type......: WPA/WPA2
Speed.GPU.#1...: 129.0 kH/s
Speed.GPU.#2...: 142.5 kH/s
Speed.GPU.#3...: 118.4 kH/s
Speed.GPU.#*...: 389.9 kH/s

GPU.#1 - ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
GPU.#2 - Palit GTX 970 JetStream
GPU.#3 - Palit GTX 970 JetStream

Note:
GPU.#1 - stock overclocked less.
GPU.#2 - gets cool air.
GPU.#3 - get very hot air from other cards.
Also I measured power consumption, in 390kH/s speed my PC gets 425-440 Watts of energy. It means, new Maxwell NVIDIA architecture takes average 1kH/s WPA per 1 Watts energy.

PS. I'm happy now! full 10 digit bruteforce takes 7 hours! and PC purrs like a kitten. Smile
(03-04-2015, 06:36 AM)shodan Wrote: Hash.Type......: WPA/WPA2
Speed.GPU.#1...: 129.0 kH/s
Speed.GPU.#2...: 142.5 kH/s
Speed.GPU.#3...: 118.4 kH/s
Speed.GPU.#*...: 389.9 kH/s

GPU.#1 - ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
GPU.#2 - Palit GTX 970 JetStream
GPU.#3 - Palit GTX 970 JetStream

Glad to see you're happy. But still your new case has a few huge fans and should be able to cool these cards down. I can see there is one fan directly above the GPUs. Is that one blowing in or out? It should be blowing out, front and top should be in, rear should be out.

This is a very good example why someone should buy refernece design cards for Hashcat. GPUs in reference design with radial coolers simply push air from the front through the card and out in the back.
This is how all refernce designs look like (either AMD or Nvidia):
[Image: 1168336-3.jpg]

It's called a closed design.

This is how shodans GPUs look like:
[Image: 600x338.jpg]

The axial coolers suck air in and blow it towards the board. Only a tiny fraction goes out in the back (depending on airflow) and the rest stays in the case, which gets hotter and hotter.

With only one card that doen't matter that much. But from 2 GPUs up they start heating up each other.

The case shodan bought (a Cooler Master, link above) has some huge but low spinning fans. There is merely a front-to-back air flow. Only the cooler above the GPUs is useful to push out hot air.

A server case is stuffed with a bunch of high-rev fans that are urged to push lots of air hrough the case. Equipped with some refernce design GPUs that air flow goes directly through the graphic cards and properly out in the back.

Since that still seems to confuse people, maybe a "how-to-build-a-proper-multi-GPU-setup"-thread wouldn't be that bad.
Quote: Is that one blowing in or out?
In. Tomorrow I try reverse it.

My PC case can cooled these cards good, but only if fan in case 100% and cards fans are 100%.
Speed.GPU.#1...: 138.3 kH/s
Speed.GPU.#2...: 144.9 kH/s
Speed.GPU.#3...: 141.3 kH/s
Speed.GPU.#*...: 424.5 kH/s
This is too loud for me.

i set 40% speed for all fan to get comfort noise level.

Maybe you right about reference design, but i dont think that 3 reference cards make low noise on full load by hashcat.
(03-04-2015, 06:17 PM)shodan Wrote: In. Tomorrow I try reverse it.

Try it, there should be a noticable difference.

(03-04-2015, 06:17 PM)shodan Wrote: Maybe you right about reference design, but i dont think that 3 reference cards make low noise on full load by hashcat.

They are not very quiet normally, you're right there. But as i said, it's all about airflow. With three RD-GPUs in your case the cooler would blow cool air directly on the GPUs and they throw it out in the back. Should have been anyway better than now.
(03-04-2015, 06:36 AM)shodan Wrote: PC case,

Not sure if you got it, but I recommend DEFINE XL R2 Black Pearl

You will love it once you got it.
I got Define R4 in my "home" pc and i fully agree -> this case is awsome,
cracking machine got custom build/open case for better air flow
(03-04-2015, 06:17 PM)shodan Wrote: In. Tomorrow I try reverse it.

Did you had the chance to give it a try?
Flomac - this is not give any effect Sad
It got a little worse Sad
Maybe airflow from this fan is not much.
Do not worry about this.

Because, when i get videocard number four (GTX 980) and x1 reiser (install it to space in 5.25" bays).
At sum this is be very powerful crypto-analyse system. Small drift in old GTX 970 do not not matter.