Need Help With a new build plz!
Is there any single motherboard that will support 8 or more 2 slot gpu's?
(02-24-2015, 07:21 AM)alexalex9998 Wrote: Is there any single motherboard that will support 8 or more 2 slot gpu's?

Like this one?

[Image: tyan-ft77c-b7079_2.jpg]
Tyan FT77C

Comes with a Barebone chassis and redundant 3.2KW PSU. Pricetag is hefty.

And since you called Sagitta "overpriced" lets take a rough look at the numbers:
Server Chassis -> $6000,-
2x CPU -> $1500,-
8 X 290x -> $3000,-
8x 8GB -> $500,-
Rest -> $1000,-

You end up at $12000 without having everything maxed out. I had to convert € -> $ so the calculation might be ~$1K shy.
Depending on your available power supply lines you might need an online UPS for another ~$1.5K to feed the server with 230V. Otherwise its PSUs won't reach the 3.2KW you need for the 8x 290X. And a rack to put everything in. And a nice climate system. And some experience in building server systems not to fail big time.

EDIT: since I'm obviously not from the US I have no connections to Sagitta, so this is no promotion or commercial. We just work in the same business.
I did not mean any disrespect over the "overpriced" comment. My apologies.

Ps Is there any way to buy just the server's motherboard?
Smile 
(02-24-2015, 11:54 PM)alexalex9998 Wrote: I did not mean any disrespect over the "overpriced" comment. My apologies.

Ps Is there any way to buy just the server's motherboard?

You can contact Tyan or SuperMicro directly and ask them about buying one or a similar one from one of their vendors. Ebay may have one up soon if they don't today.

I don't know if you are for real or if you are an employee of a company, maybe a hobby enthusiast or if you just want to know the best that money can buy, maybe just now ready to finally cash in those shiny bitcoins you've been saving up, but with all that said, you may be better off (speed/time/money wise) by buying 2 cheaper AMD motherboards, some ram, cpu's, some power supplies, EIGHT 7990's, hook it all up with hashtopus and still have some money left over. Money left over to buy some beer and pay 2 friends to help you plug it all in.

Just trying to help give you some more ideas and pick the best solution that fits your goals! :-)
Thank you for the advice. I do not have any experience with hashtopus. Can you give me a link to a guide or "how to" forum post? I will look into doing a distributed system.

ps is this the right tyan? http://www.acmemicro.com/Product/12851/T...O?c_id=184
(02-25-2015, 01:24 AM)alexalex9998 Wrote: ps is this the right tyan? http://www.acmemicro.com/Product/12851/T...O?c_id=184
Nope, it's this one -> Tyan FT77

Since it doesn't seem you quite know what you're doing and the fact that you've been asking about this topic quite a while ago (http://hashcat.net/forum/thread-2831.html) I think you got all the advice you need.
Would I be able to run one cpu on the tyan ft77c?
Look at the block diagram for the board. The board has 4x PLX chips, two per CPU. That means each CPU directly controls two GPUs on two PLX chips. So you need both CPUs. On older models you could get away with only one CPU due to some complex routing through the southbridge, but this was not a good idea.
Ok, thank you for the fast response.