Piping Masprocessor in oclHashcat
Hi folks,

I just wanna make sure, that my pipe command is correct:

mp64 -q 3 -r 6 z?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l | cudaHashcat64 -m 5800 -n 8 hashConfusedalt

I didn't post --status and --output command. I just to make sure, that the following words are tested against the hash:

lower case, 9 cases, not more than 3 case in a row, not more than 5 case in a word.

I'm using a windows machine with an nvidia graphics.
looks good and make sure to have hashConfusedalt in lower case
Thanks, I got the password now, tested it and it really worked.

But it noticed the following:

Using the parameter -q 3 with the maskprocessor means, that the same letter can't be 3 times in a row. So the maximum is actually 3-1=2. Reading the help it should be 3.
this is interesting. Never thought about limiting repetitions, or how many of the same in one word!

I prefer to work with .hcmask files in linux. How would that translate in real life if I'm using..

cd /usr/share/cudahashcat/ && ./cudaHashcat64.bin -w 3 -m 2500 /root/capture.hccap -a 3 /usr/share/cudahashcat/masks/8=4numbers-4allnosymbols.hcmask

(the 8=4numbers-4allnosymbols.hcmask = ?l?u?d,?d?d?d?d?1?1?1?1)

so the correct syntax would be..

mp64 -q 3 -r 6 -1 ?l?u?d -2 ?u?l ?2?l?l?l?1?1?1?1 | cd /usr/share/cudahashcat/ && ./cudaHashcat64.bin -w 3 -m 2500 /root/capture.hccap -a 3 /usr/share/cudahashcat/masks/8=4numbers-4allnosymbols.hcmask

? or is there another way to do this?
For more complex password policy like rules please use PACK
(03-03-2015, 03:13 PM)radiac Wrote: But it noticed the following:

Using the parameter -q 3 with the maskprocessor means, that the same letter can't be 3 times in a row. So the maximum is actually 3-1=2. Reading the help it should be 3.

yes I see that too..

-q 3 = no more than 1 repetition next to same char. Ex: aa
-r 4 = no more than 3 of the same char. Ex: aXaXa
@ atom,

a nice addition to maskprocessor would be to specify the max repetition of consonants and the max repetition vowels.

* 'y' 'Y' with the vowels.
(03-03-2015, 12:31 PM)radiac Wrote: Hi folks,

I just wanna make sure, that my pipe command is correct:

mp64 -q 3 -r 6 z?l?l?l?l?l?l?l?l | cudaHashcat64 -m 5800 -n 8 hashConfusedalt

I didn't post --status and --output command. I just to make sure, that the following words are tested against the hash:

lower case, 9 cases, not more than 3 case in a row, not more than 5 case in a word.

I'm using a windows machine with an nvidia graphics.

That's what I was looking for "not more than 3 case in a row"
Thanks