oclHashcat problem with overheat probably
Managed to do this, sorry, I have another problem.
I managed to install it and start with command :

/usr/share/oclhashcat/oclHashcat.bin -m 2500 /root/Desktop/test.hccap /root/Desktop/wordlist.txt --powertune-disable --force

But 30 second after I start the program, my whole screen convert into white-gray background, and I can't see anything else on the screen, so I turn off my power suply to prevent damage on my video card.

As I see in first 30 sec it shooting over 90 000 per sec, but my screen turn in something similar to this : http://images2.pixlis.com/background-ima...22r6t8.png

I guess that problem is in overheat in my graphic card, so does anyone have idea how to solve this ?

Thanks.
Try to set your fans to 100℅ and ther run hashcat.
Meanwhile monitor your temperatures and post results here
(03-04-2015, 12:09 PM)martin.po21 Wrote: Try to set your fans to 100℅ and ther run hashcat.
Meanwhile monitor your temperatures and post results here

Yes, I do it yesterday, I set my fan on 90 % with command :

Code:
aticonfig --pplib-cmd "set fanspeed 0 90"

Then I run oclHashcat and I got that gray-white line background very fast, about 30 sec after I start oclHashcat...

Here are results from Windows 7 and Gpuz :

Normal condition from desktop

[Image: HOIsycP.jpg]

Full load after 5 min of work, about 75 c, Gpuz automatically sets 30 % fan speed as you can see

[Image: 8oQKhAa.jpg]

I'm afraid to try again in The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux, I don't want to burn or damage my card...
So something is wrong in The-Distribution-Which-Does-Not-Handle-OpenCL-Well (Kali) Linux, maybe command for set fan on 90 % dont work...
Is there some way to force card that do not work 100 % in oclHashcat, maybe 60-70 % and then to try ?

p.s. On my graphic card I do not have fabric cooler, I have this Deepcool one :

[Image: 811752_1.jpg]

EDIT :

Now I tested with 100 % fan, same thing after 5 minutes like fan on 30 %, hmmm... I set in Msi Afterburner 100 %

[Image: 9cJBBUA.jpg]
Anyone ?
Is there some way to put graphic card that do not work 100 %, so that temperature will be lower ?
You show the GPU temp while rendering and everything is fine. Can you start hashcat and monitor the temps again? How much higher are they? If it the screen goes corrupt after 30 sec. just stop hashcat after 29 Wink
(03-06-2015, 05:45 PM)Flomac Wrote: You show the GPU temp while rendering and everything is fine. Can you start hashcat and monitor the temps again? How much higher are they? If it the screen goes corrupt after 30 sec. just stop hashcat after 29 Wink

How I can stop it, when I can't see anything except white-gray lines over all screen, I have no idea what is happening in background ?

I said that lines goes on screen about 30 second from start, not 30 exactly, so I do not know in which time exactly will come.

I will star one more time to see what is happening, and if goes like fist time ( white - gray lines ), I will stut down my computer from electrical energy.
Underclock the card until it runs at a stable operating temp, and would your card happen to be encased in a tower?
(03-07-2015, 12:10 AM)Si2006 Wrote: Underclock the card until it runs at a stable operating temp, and would your card happen to be encased in a tower?

I don't understand second part of the question : ''and would your card happen to be encased in a tower?''
If you mean about cooling card I have Deepcool on it, in one of my post there is picture of ventilator, today I clean my graphic card and replace the thermal paste on it, I only got 1-2 degrees better results in Gpuz test from Windows.

My first command when I run oclHashcat and get that white-gray lines background was : /usr/share/oclhashcat/oclHashcat.bin -m 2500 /root/Desktop/test.hccap /root/Desktop/numbers.txt --powertune-disable --force

Now I found command to auto-shut down when reaching the certain temperature and I enter now command :

/usr/share/oclhashcat/oclHashcat.bin -m 2500 /root/Desktop/test.hccap /root/Desktop/numbers.txt --status --gpu-temp-abort=80 ( I do not put --powertune-disable --force, like I found on the internet that people put in command ), and I get this error :
http://i.imgur.com/Uuh4mkO.jpg

Hm, very strange because I have Catalyst and all seem to be normally... I must first reinstall my drivers then try again.
Ok, I type command :

/usr/share/oclhashcat/oclHashcat.bin --benchmark --benchmark-mode=1 -m2500 , and I got this :

http://i.imgur.com/m3djffr.png

So then I set vent to 100 %, and type :

/usr/share/oclhashcat/oclHashcat.bin -m 2500 /root/Desktop/test.hccap /root/Deskrop/numbers.txt --force --status

And it begins, the temperature was increased, and icnreased.... and at about 78.5 degrees, I can't move my mouse longer, like sustem has stop to responding, I immediately shut down my PC from electrical energy to prevent damage on my card.

So there is obviously some problem, and I do not know what is problem, also I do not want to damage my card, but I'd like to make this thing work. If someone have some advice or suggestion how to test my card in some other way to determine what is problem, or maybe drivers are not ok, please comment below. Thanks.

Catalyst : http://i.imgur.com/8W38sfP.png