Bug with incremental and --restore?
Question 
Hello everyone,
I noticed everytime i stop ( Q ) and restore ( R ) my cudaHashcat, the new restored process start from another point, basically it skip x% of the entire process.

So i tryed a new session called X with the incremental attack (26 hours), started to stop and restore this session and the process finished in a snap
Now I wonder is a known bug or is it normal to be so? and I also wonder if there is a way to restore precisely from the point of the stop (a flag or something similar).

Thanks everyone and sorry for my english
Could you please give more details about the command you are trying to run (without posting hashes of course)?
(04-03-2015, 03:49 PM)philsmd Wrote: Could you please give more details about the command you are trying to run (without posting hashes of course)?

Oh Sorry, is a normal Brute-force incremental from 1 to 7 or from 1 to 8 of des unix password

EDIT
Anyway here is an example:

cudaHashcat64.exe -a 3 -m 1500 --session=x --force -o "out.txt" --outfile-format=3 -w 2 --gpu-temp-abort=85 --gpu-temp-retain=80 -i --increment-min=1 --increment-max=7 "desunix.txt" -1 ?l?d ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1
Most important question:
why do you use --force... the warning clearly says, if you use --force, you shouldn't report problems and/or ask for support

Is there any reason you use --force? Does it work without --force?

Please give also more details about your setup:
- operating system version
- how many gpus and which driver model(s)
- which driver version do you use
etc
(04-03-2015, 05:27 PM)philsmd Wrote: Most important question:
why do you use --force... the warning clearly says, if you use --force, you shouldn't report problems and/or ask for support

Is there any reason you use --force? Does it work without --force?

Please give also more details about your setup:
- operating system version
- how many gpus and which driver model(s)
- which driver version do you use
etc

No there is no reason. I honestly don't know what --force do and I had never noticed the warning (--force is automatically generated from the hashcat GUI, after i just copy/paste the code on the console or I just run it). I'll remove --force on the next attempts.

Anyway the setup from the device where i noticed this problem and that i'm using right now is:
- Wind8
- gpu : geforce 740m
(yes, i'm on the notebook now)

I can't test on other PCs right now since they running a bigger brutalforce.
Can be a problem on the session_name.restore or session_name.log ?
If you use this command to start the attack:
Code:
cudaHashcat64.exe -m 1500 -a 3 --session x -o out.txt --outfile-format 3 -w 2 -i --increment-min 1 --increment-max 7 desunix.txt -1 ?l?d ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

You need to restore it, as such:
Code:
cudaHashcat64.exe --session x --restore
(04-03-2015, 06:26 PM)philsmd Wrote: You need to restore it, as such:
Code:
cudaHashcat64.exe --session x --restore

Yes i know, is not this the problem. I said that the --restore just skip a % of the process.
I give you some image example so you can understand.
In the image below i just started a random brute force and started to End-restore the process around 10 times (Q-restore-Q-restore-Q-restore.....)
It took about 20-30 seconds to do 10 times this thing and as you can see from the image, --restore skipped some things.

If is not clear:
- left image=start of the process
- right image= after 30 seconds (each Q-R skipped 2% in this case, around 1 minute each Q-R)

Recap: 10min = 30 seconds with Q-R

This is an example , but in the case of this morning , multiple Q-R skipped several more things , about 10% each time.
it is as if hashcat resume the process from a wrong point (a point not yet reached , A future or next char maybe ).

[Image: ZwbnY9s.png]