I been struggling for weeks! Someone please help me!
Hi everyone, so i have a lot of MD5 Hashed passwords around 20K passwords..

I been searching net to find a solution and everyone was recommending oclHashcat , since i have AMD R9 280X.. So i decided to download it, but now i don't understand it.. I created Hash.txt and Cracked.txt and Wordlist folder. 

What's next?

I have Windows 10 installed..

All Help will be appreciated!

EDIT: I have Wordlist.txt too!
maybe first try google...
https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=youtu...-wHKkYOoBA
(10-31-2015, 08:52 PM)xoxox Wrote: maybe first try google...
https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=youtu...-wHKkYOoBA

you give me dumbest answer ever!
(11-01-2015, 11:12 AM)stefanp Wrote: you give me dumbest answer ever!

And you ask a dumb question about basic usage of hashcat, which can be answered pretty easily with minimum effort if you read the --help/wiki/faq.

If you have been "struggling for weeks" you are maybe just terribly bad and should not even consider using a tool which seems too advanced for your limited brain.
Most of the knowledgable people who frequent this forum are not tolerant of new users who don't know anything about password recovery. They expect that everyone, do what they did, which is to learn the hard way, by themselves, with no or little help from anyone.

So do not expect any help with questions that are in the category of:

"I need help. How do I use Hashcat?"
"How do it start Hashcat?"
"Will someone help me with Hashcat?"

Only expect ridicule and derision. Or simply silence.
(11-01-2015, 04:21 PM)simplyslow Wrote: So do not expect any help with questions that are in the category of:

Only expect ridicule and derision. Or simply silence.

No it's not true !

"Xoxox" give a usefull link with all the Youtube videos tut's about hasshcat & the how to...

& i second the fact that take 10 sec to google " Hashcat tutorial" = https://www.google.com.mx/webhp?hl=fr#hl...20tutorial

& More, on the forum you have :

1/ Wiki = http://hashcat.net/wiki/

2/ in the Wiki you have the FAQ = http://hashcat.net/wiki/doku.php?id=freq..._questions

& FInaly the "User" can also use the search function & navigated on the hashcat section & subForum to find the answer....

But more specificaly, any user Come on this Forum have to be able to manage himself his "Shell" & the commands go with....

That type of tool required a minimum of the minimum Of BASIC'S.....

& Finaly & that's a PERSONAL COMMENT.....you can hurt me about my answer, i do not care....

A/ A user coming on the Forum ( or that type of Forum, same for JTR... ) asking for a 20K MD5 HASHES, i do not think that list is for recovered his OWN forgoten pass ! right's ? !

He also mentioned his GPU config, so we can imagine he know & understand a minimum about....

Ppl want to much automatic tool, where we can considered hashcat are a automatic tool when Users have for sure to type a minimum of commands...

If Users do not take time to read the F.M or Read the Wiki sections or to Read the already Answers who are posted & answered a ton of time already, what are you ( or the poster ) expected in term of reply ?

& i confess you ; "Xanadrel" stay polite & take the time "AGAIN & AGAIN" to reply to this type of questions...

It's a non sens & for that type of stuff & tool to required some one to take your hand....because Users are lazy & do not want to make effort's to read & search....
I'm just making a comment on observations on this particular forum, but also pertains to many specialized forums:

1. Oftentimes, newbies want answers without doing any or very little work,

2. Old members are intolerant of #1 newbies (see above.) who ask old, often asked or previously asked questions over and over. Their reply is usually, "read the FAQ, search the archives, do the research first."

While there will always be those who are unwilling to do any work, is it possible that the Wiki or the FAQ are inadequate for their purpose and make learning password recovery more arduous?
There's plenty of help available on here to those willing to help themselves.

To those looking to be spoon-fed - you've come to the wrong place. This isn't feckin' Yahoo Answers!

And besides any of that, this entire site with the FAQ, Wiki and searchable forum is chock-full of useful information to help a newcomer find his way (like I did). Not to mention that all this is provided FOR FREE as is the actual software itself.

Jesus, the entitlement is astounding.
(11-02-2015, 12:10 AM)rico Wrote: There's plenty of help available on here to those willing to help themselves.

To those looking to be spoon-fed - you've come to the wrong place. This isn't feckin' Yahoo Answers!

And besides any of that, this entire site with the FAQ, Wiki and searchable forum is chock-full of useful information to help a newcomer find his way (like I did). Not to mention that all this is provided FOR FREE as is the actual software itself.

Jesus, the entitlement is astounding.
Q.E.D.