lets say i have a big budget to spend on a cracking rig what card would u advice
hey there i've been reading alot of post and threads on this forum and i decide to join the community.
so here the story, i was asked from a friend to build a cracking rig, i dont really know what is budget but i guess its quiet high. now i have searched online for cards benchmarking (they are some cards that i did not found) and obiously Nvidia gtx 980 and titan x are leading.

so here are few of my question,
1. lets say i have a big big budget what would u recommand for a cracking rig, even cards for servers and not only for homes, like purely a computer-s/servers for cracking
2. i have looked around to see if their is any benchmark for AMD FirePro w9100 AMD FirePro S9170 (i know epixoip u hate amd but i am looking for the best of the best) but i've found nothing, any idea what could be the hash rate?
3,any idea if their is any card that is better than titan X from Nvidia? (i looked into telsa k80 but it had a really poor cracking rate)

4, lets say i had a budget to do a cluster what would i need for that? (interms of graphic cards,mobos,cpus,psu,etc..)

anyway thanks alot in advance.
Titan X, as many as you can fit in one machine. Add more machines until your budget runs out Smile
The best of the best is the Titan X. The S9170 is just an underclocked 290X. The server cards do not make any sense for hash cracking.
great thanks!
what about W9100? is that the same as the 290x like u said epixoip?

lets, say i build like 2 or more rigs (8 titan x), how would i combine both of them togther? so they can crack togther?

and what kind of mobo , ram , psu , chasis,cpu, and so on. thanks

____
quick edit
http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compar...cmp[]=3162

in the benchmark it shows that some how the TI is slightly better no?
Yes, the W9100 is the same as the S9170. Again, stay away from Firepro, Tesla, Quadro, etc. These cards use the exact same GPU chip as their desktop (Radeon, GTX) counterparts, just underclocked and sold at a ridiculous premium.

Gaming/graphics benchmarks cannot be used to compare GPUs for compute in any way. Not performance, not power, not heat. Apples-and-oranges comparison. It is physically impossible for a 980Ti to be faster than a Titan X for password cracking, as a 980Ti is just a neutered Titan X. Clock for clock the Titan X will always be ~10% faster.

To cluster multiple systems together you need some kind of clustering software like Hashstack or Hashtopus.

If you're asking what motherboard, etc. to use, then you're off to a very bad start -- especially if you plan to run 8 GPUs per system. Building a hash cracking rig is not as simple as "acquire computer, install GPUs." There are a lot of design considerations, corner-cases, and gotchas. You say you have a big budget, you're looking for multiple 8-GPU rigs, and you're looking to cluster them... There are companies that provide off-the-shelf clusters for this type of thing, maybe you should look into going that route instead.
https://sagitta.pw/
(01-17-2016, 05:11 PM)simplyslow Wrote: https://sagitta.pw/

Yeah, I have to second this along with the previous comments.  If you're not budget constrained, take the easy way out and buy a system (or two or three) from an expert in the field.  The prices from Sagitta are very far for what you get.
epixoip i know that u do offer this kind of service(might be wrong), but i am looking to do it on my own with a little bit of help from the community, hope u understand i dont really like to buy pre build thing even when it comes from the pros Smile, i LOVE to do that kind of things on my own!, + i dont like to relay on other ppl Sad.
ofc i need some experience, but u have to start some where Smile
no offence to u or any 1 else but thats just my thing.
this why their is a forum i hope :o

hope u guys will keep help me out with the build
anyway back to the subject,
what kind of chasis mobo etc.. do i need for a thing like that.

(thanks alot )
Just to be sure that I get this right.
You want to build the cracking rig yourself but want the community to suggest the hardware for it?
yup, i know that the ppl here in the comunity (specialy the mods and admins) are the best in the bussiness.
i am not a newb, i am a tech guy, i have a quiet good understanding with hardware and software, but never did a cracking rig before thats why i need some help with it Smile
if some one will tell me to go for a z77 and some random cpu surly i will understand thats not right.

be creative, whats the best build u can buy. best,PSU,mobos gpu, case and so on..
this topic will help not only me but alot of ppl thats want to build their own rig or have the same mindset as mine...

thanks again