Debugging multi-rules
Hi,

I'm almost sure there's already a post about this, but I couldn't find it using Google and the forum search. I'd like to use the multi-rules feature in oclHashcat, but want to make sure my rules are working as intended (-> the correct candidates are generated). However, oclHashcat doesn't support the --stdout parameter, while hashcat doesn't support multi-rules. Is there anyway to debug multi-rules as I'm trying to or do I have to debug the rules one by one and then hope that the combination is done as I'm assuming?

Kind regards and thanks in advance,
Prime
You could concatenate the rule files manually to debug them with hashcat.
As far as I understood, having all the rules in one file is not the same as having the rules split up, as in the latter case each rule (line) of each file will be combined with each rule (line) of each other file, while in the first case, the rules are just executed one after the other. In my case, I need the combination of rules, though.

Edit: Would it be possible to use combinator/combinator3 from hashcat-utils to generate a file that contains all combinations of rules which would be created by oclHashcat?
(04-06-2016, 11:46 AM)Prime Wrote: Would it be possible to use combinator/combinator3 from hashcat-utils to generate a file that contains all combinations of rules which would be created by oclHashcat?

This.
The ULM project's "Rulify" program is meant to be the equivalent of the GPU hashcats having output capability:
http://unifiedlm.com/Home

But I don't know if can do multi-rules.
You might ask the dev(s).