GTX 1070 & 1080
I bet the lowest belong to the stock clock of 1607 Mhz, and the other results are from overclocking the GPU by a bit.
I'm not a fan of automated overclocking shenanigans and luckily GTX Titan has stable clocks if full double precision performance is unlocked in NV control panel.
I hope the GeForce Titan variant of Pascal will have similar mechanisms.
Ars have said that the best they've been able to do is 2025 Mhz @ 84C.
Can't wait for the benchmarks on this.. the only problem is that reading over the years everyone recommends the "reference" version, which now = the "founders edition" = $100 more. Also your paying $100 more for unstable OC clocks. I've been reading different sites/watching videos and it seems the card throttles after 10 mins and continually does this. The fans are really noisy as well. Might have to go with a different version on this one to get the actual performance that it can handle.

hxxp://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/2441-diy-gtx-1080-hybrid-thermals-100-percent-lower-higher-oc-room
Rumour time!
According to ChipHell, the new GTX Titan "P" and 1080 Ti will be based on GP102 and not GP100.
The major difference of the the Titan P vs GP100 is that it will not have HBM2 and will have severely castrated DP performance, unlike the original GTX Titan.
The core with its 3840 shaders will be running at 1.507GHz, combined TDP should be 250W.
1080 Ti should have only 3456 shaders,
Titan P, as I like to call it, will feature 24GB of vRAM, 1080 Ti half as much.
Bunch of Pascals
The GTX1080 is out now! Hopefully someone on this forum will benchmark hashcat with this new GPU soon.
I bet epixoip will be the first Smile
posted a GTX1080 Foundes Edition benchmark here: https://hashcat.net/forum/thread-5479.html
Does the ability to 3/4-way SLI effect hashcat and cracking hashes in any way and whats Nvidia's final stance on it, are they going to allow it or no?
(06-09-2016, 08:37 AM)Archive Wrote: Does the ability to 3/4-way SLI effect hashcat and cracking hashes in any way and whats Nvidia's final stance on it, are they going to allow it or no?

for cracking you don't need SLI