Problem with status , pause , resume ...
Bug 
Hi,
I updated my hashcat from 3.20 to 3.30.
I started an attack, Everything is OK and Hashcat cracks the Hashs, but the "[s]tatus [p]ause [r]esume & ..."  buttons  not working!
So i cannot see the status , pause/resume the attack , or exit hashcat! (but CTRL+C works! :p )

For example When I press [s] , the "s" just shows in the console and nothing else happen!
and when I press [enter] , the cursor just goes to a newline!

.jpg   screenshot.jpg (Size: 36.63 KB / Downloads: 24)

I'm using Ubuntu 64bit , Nvidia GPU , Intel CPU.
This is my command:
Code:
sudo ./hashcat64.bin -m 0 -a 6 -w 4 -D 1,2 --username --potfile-path md5.potfile --powertune-enable  hashs.txt  "/path/to/wordlist.txt"  ?a?a?a?a
You're using ''-w 4 -D 1,2'' so your CPU is probably too busy cracking hashes to print the status. You can't expect responsiveness with these arguments...
(01-12-2017, 09:21 PM)epixoip Wrote: You're using ''-w 4 -D 1,2'' so your CPU is probably too busy cracking hashes to print the status. You can't expect responsiveness with these arguments...
I removed this "-w 4 -D 1,2"
but the problem not solved!!!
Sounds like an ASIC hang, then. Process is probably stuck in IOWAIT. Are you overclocking?
thanks for reply
No! im not overclocking.
--
its abnormal, everything is working and the cracked hashs show in output , but buttons didn't work Sad
No one has been able to reproduce this alleged bug, so I'm going to say it's probably something with your particular configuration or how you're invoking hashcat.
What happens if you try the patience way, press "q" and wait for 5 minutes? Does it stop?
Can anyone else reproduce this locally?
Not reproduce, but I have experienced having to wait for like a minute or so when pressing "q" (I think I did see this before 3.30).
And sometimes my brain did a timeout and instead of waiting, I sent an interrupt instead. Not sure whether it would quit by itself.
(01-13-2017, 09:02 AM)bigblacknose Wrote: What happens if you try the patience way, press "q" and wait for 5 minutes? Does it stop?

No
i wait for ONE HOUR
but doesn't stop...