2x6 gtx1080 cluster
Exclamation 
hope i post this question in the right forum, if not please move it Smile

i got two identical systems:

opsystem: ubuntu 14
motherboard: ASUS Z9PE‑D8 WS
gpu: 6x gtx1080 FE
psu: evga gold
custom close frame (i can upload pictures if you guys wish to see 12 cards in a row Smile
fan: cloud x7

i would like to make a cluster out of this two systems, is there any tutorial how to do that under ubuntu ? maybe load balancing also ? any research papers would be greatly appreciated
Moved it out of Hashcat Support since you're not seeking support for Hashcat.

The official Hashcat way is to use --keyspace, --skip, and --limit. But using these directly can be a bit cumbersome. So you can use a wrapper like Hashtopus/Hashtopussy or something which implements this for you. But these are neither endorsed nor supported by Hashcat.
Hi, I'm a total novice here but am wondering if there is any genuinely supported distributed flavour of hashcat. It could potentially avoid the financial (and thermal etc) overheads of multi-GPU setups and could be a good way of re-using old kit with half-decent GPUs depending on individual machines available (looking at overall cost of kit and electricity etc bang per buck). IIRC the actual PCI Express speed isn't that important for hashcat (as the amount of memory and overall speed of the cards appear to be the bottleneck), so using a setup with distributed GPUs on machines over a Gigabit network shouldn't impact performance compared to a centralised solution either.

But I'm quite often wrong and not too proud, so am prepared to be shot down in flames...

And I'm sorry if "--keyspace, --skip, and --limit" do all that for me.

And to be a bit controversial, I'd say that "neither endorsed nor supported by Hashcat" appears a bit short-sighted given the potential benefits of distributed systems. Although I understand why that would be the case if they are done by third parties, it begs the question why it isn't addressed as part of the project.
There is a genuinely-supported, distributed flavor of Hashcat: it's called Hashstack.
Ooh, thanks. I'll check it out.
(03-05-2017, 04:38 AM)epixoip Wrote: There is a genuinely-supported, distributed flavor of Hashcat: it's called Hashstack.

That is open sourced and available to download.
None of the open source solutions like Hashtopussy are genuinely supported, I don't see winxp5421 and s3in!c selling support packages or giving out a 1-800 customer support number. Also, open source solutions like Hashtopussy are not flavors of Hashcat, but rather are all wrappers around Hashcat.

Hashstack, on the other hand, is a commercial fork of Hashcat with enterprise support, and is not only blessed by Hashcat, but developed by some of the same people that develop Hashcat. So it remains the only genuinely-supported distributed flavor of Hashcat.
Man, Feeling the love over here epixoip.
(05-24-2017, 04:56 AM)winxp5421 Wrote: Man, Feeling the love over here epixoip.

I'm feeling it too.  Nothing like a few reasonable questions to get discussions happening.

epixoip: if you have a specific issue with me, then call me on the number provided to sort it out directly with me, and quit your passive aggressive / defensive bullshit.
@winxp5421 please correct me if I said something that was incorrect, but as far as I know, you only offer community support via Github Issues. But don't get me wrong, Hashtopussy is a massive improvement over Hashtopus, you guys did a great job cleaning up curlyboi's code. And Hashtopussy is clearly much needed in the community, you fill a gap that we refuse to fill. I'm very happy that you are doing what you do and look forward to seeing Hashtopussy continue to evolve. That said, comparing Hashtopussy to Hashstack is an apples-to-oranges comparison, they're two totally different beasts. As I said above, Hashtopussy is not a flavor of Hashcat, but rather a wrapper around Hashcat. However, Hashstack, as a fork of Hashcat with native distributed capabilities, is a flavor of Hashcat. So it would actually be far more appropriate to compare Hashstack to Hashcat than it would be to compare it to Hashtopussy.

@kjs i fixed your quoting for you. Since this is your first day on the forums and all, I assume you've not yet figured out how to use the application.