Hashcat can't find password
Sorry to bother you all, but it's two days i'm working on hashcat and can't seem to make it work, so i registered to seek help.
i'm trying to crak a .rar password file, i got his MD5 hash with Hash Suite free's hash calculator and i used both hashcatGUI and the cmd to try and get the password with no results.
i decided then to make a .rar myself to test it and found that neither way of using hashcat finds the password.
the password on the test file is 5 characters long, all min; i used the command line: 
hashcat64.exe -a 3 -m 0 hash.txt ?l?l?l?l?l --increment -o cracked.txt -w 3

it stops after a couple seconds, no output is generated (or modified) and i don't get any warnings nor errors.
i am completely oblivious on what i am doing wrong.

thanks in advance.

EDIT: Help me hashcat forum, you are my only hope.

quotes aside all of this started for a cicada-like hunt in my town, and if someone of you wants to teach me hashcat i'm more than willing to translate the hunt's steps or make a group and try to solve the enigmas/crack the .rars together.
you need to use rar2john from jtr-jumbo to extract the KDF data from the rar archive: https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper

looks like you're going to have to compile that yourself or find an already compiled binary somewhere.

Calculating the checksum of a file (what you did) is something very different.
your rar hash should look something like this

$RAR3$*0*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx*xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(04-20-2018, 10:12 PM)undeath Wrote: you need to use rar2john from jtr-jumbo to extract the KDF data from the rar archive: https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper

looks like you're going to have to compile that yourself or find an already compiled binary somewhere.

Calculating the checksum of a file (what you did) is something very different.

I successfully cracked a Test.rar using both john2rar and hashcat.
I actually followed your link, but then found an already compiled version for windows (which i can't seem to find anymore, wanted to post it for future users...)  which made it much easier.
the rest was dragging john2rar into a cmd and using it.
Thanks!