Hashcat slows down after staring attack.
#1
Bug 
I'm having the same problem, only I am cracking ethereum wallet with SCRYPT algorithm.

I'm doing this on AWS, it seems that the hash rate slows down slowly over the course of the day, until I'm down to 1 h/s (from 12 h/s using 8 CPUs).

Is it possible that AWS is reducing performance? Here is my command:

Code:
./hashcat64.bin -m 15700 -a 0 -w 3 -D1 --force --scrypt-tmto=1 /home/ubuntu/crackme.txt /home/ubuntu/words.txt --status --status-timer=30

OpenCL info:


Code:
Platform ID #1   Vendor  : Intel(R) Corporation   Name    : Intel(R) OpenCL   Version : OpenCL 1.2    Device ID #1     Type           : CPU     Vendor ID      : 8     Vendor         : Intel(R) Corporation     Name           : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2676 v3 @ 2.40GHz     Version        : OpenCL 1.2 (Build 475)     Processor(s)   : 8     Clock          : 2400     Memory         : 8043/32174 MB allocatable     OpenCL Version : OpenCL C 1.2      Driver Version : 1.2.0.475

Thank you so much!!
#2
This is totally not the same problem. As you have read from the original post the user was using 779 networks instead of 1. In your case it's probably heating. Keep a look at the temperature. If it goes up to high, the drivers will downclock the GPU (which you will see as well). Also try with -w1 and -w2.