rx 480 amd drivers 19.2.2
Trying to get hashcat to run on my windows pc with a rx 480 with amd drivers 19.2.2 and it is crashing constantly. I'm looking for any kind of advice to get it working since every time I run a wpa attack it will run for about 15-20 minutes then the pc locks up and shuts down. I don't know if it is a driver issue or what. I am using the latest version of hashcat also.
Probably just overheating GPU leading to all sort of unpredictable outcome.
(02-20-2019, 08:50 AM)atom Wrote: Probably just overheating GPU leading to all sort of unpredictable outcome.

The highest temp I see is 85 degrees and I can mine crypto currency or game with the card just fine.
hashcat is usually more demanding than gaming and, depending on what you mine, also mining.
When attempting to mine etherium or bitcoin it will push the card to 90 degrees if not more. I've looked at temp and I know its not that I am just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with this card on the newest drivers with the newest version of hashcat.
Do you specify a custom abort temp with --gpu-temp-abort? Default is at 90 degrees and if you reach them with mining, hashcat will certainly reach them too.
(02-20-2019, 11:26 PM)NoReply Wrote: Do you specify a custom abort temp with --gpu-temp-abort? Default is at 90 degrees and if you reach them with mining, hashcat will certainly reach them too.

Or just use a lower work profile such as -w 1 or 2
(02-20-2019, 11:26 PM)NoReply Wrote: Do you specify a custom abort temp with --gpu-temp-abort? Default is at 90 degrees and if you reach them with mining, hashcat will certainly reach them too.

It is set at 90 degree's but it reboots the computer at 86 degrees it don't even reach 90. I actually flashed the bios on the card a got worst speeds but it was able to complete a job. So i'm guessing the bios of the card was corrupted but I don't know why it was working fine in everything else.