MacMini clBuildProgram():CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE, amp_a1.cl, with combination attack
#1
Hello All,

I would be very appreciative of some assistance with this please.

I am getting the following error when attempting a "combination" attack;

Code:
clBuildProgram(): CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE Error: out of memory. * Device #2: Kernel hashcat-master/OpenCL/amp_a1.cl build failed - proceeding without this device.

My hardware and base OS are a MacMini (late 2012, 2.3GHz i7, 16GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB) with Mojave;
Code:
$ uname -a Darwin Mac-mini.local 18.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 18.6.0: Thu Apr 25 23:16:27 PDT 2019; root:xnu-4903.261.4~2/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
I have installed the latest version of xcode and compiled hashcat from sources;
Code:
$ ./hashcat -V v5.1.0

I can run hashcat successfully with the following command line options;

Code:
# Dictionary attack. ../hashcat-master/hashcat -O -a 0 -m 500 -o hashes.txt --potfile-path potfile.txt to-crack.txt ../Passwords/rockyou.txt ../hashcat-master/hashcat -O -a 0 -m 500 -o hashes.txt --potfile-path potfile.txt -r ../hashcat-master/rules/best64.rule to-crack.txt ../Passwords/rockyou.txt # brute force attack. ../hashcat-master/hashcat -O -a 3 -m 500 -o hashes.txt --potfile-path potfile.txt to-crack-03.txt -i ?a?a?a?a?a

Each of the above attacks runs fine!

However, when I attempt to run a "Combination" attack (I have generated a wordlist with 500 lines, I had originally tried 3000 lines, but that had the same error), I get the error;
Code:
clBuildProgram(): CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE Error: out of memory. * Device #2: Kernel hashcat-master/OpenCL/amp_a1.cl build failed - proceeding without this device.

my command-line and output are;
Code:
$ ../hashcat-master/hashcat -O -a 1 -m 500 to-crack.txt ../Passwords/EnglishMostCommon-1-500.txt ../Passwords/EnglishMostCommon-2-500.txt hashcat (v5.1.0) starting... OpenCL API (OpenCL 1.2 (Apr  7 2019 18:38:19)) - Platform #1 [Apple] ==================================================================== * Device #1: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3615QM CPU @ 2.30GHz, skipped * Device #2: HD Graphics 4000, 384/1536 MB allocatable, 16MCU Dictionary cache hit: * Filename..: ../Passwords/EnglishMostCommon-1-500.txt * Passwords.: 500 * Bytes.....: 3652 * Keyspace..: 500 Dictionary cache hit: * Filename..: ../Passwords/EnglishMostCommon-2-500.txt * Passwords.: 500 * Bytes.....: 4200 * Keyspace..: 500 Hashes: 3 digests; 3 unique digests, 3 unique salts Bitmaps: 16 bits, 65536 entries, 0x0000ffff mask, 262144 bytes, 5/13 rotates Applicable optimizers: * Optimized-Kernel * Zero-Byte Minimum password length supported by kernel: 0 Maximum password length supported by kernel: 15 Watchdog: Hardware monitoring interface not found on your system. Watchdog: Temperature abort trigger disabled. clBuildProgram(): CL_BUILD_PROGRAM_FAILURE Error: out of memory. * Device #2: Kernel hashcat-master/OpenCL/amp_a1.cl build failed - proceeding without this device. Started: Mon Jun 10 09:49:20 2019 Stopped: Mon Jun 10 09:50:48 2019
Reply