Session recovery with multiple gpu's
Hi forum,

Is it possible to use session recovery when you're using multiple GPU's?
I was trying it out with a 3gb wordlist and a ruleset , a 10gpu rig and the checkpoint quit option. It stopped at progress 3% even though recovery progress was set to about 1,3%. 

Any experiences on this? Could it be that it doesn't register all the already done hashes?(due to the tasks being split into groups per gpu)

Thanks in advance!
Session restores work checkpoint-based. hashcat will always continue from the last reached checkpoint on. If that one happens to have been a while back that's simply what it is.
(02-16-2020, 03:20 PM)undeath Wrote: Session restores work checkpoint-based. hashcat will always continue from the last reached checkpoint on. If that one happens to have been a while back that's simply what it is.

But does a multi GPU system affect this? Since I clicked the C button to stop at the next checkpoint when this happened.
More GPUs means more parallelization means more variance between reaching checkpoints. Pressing C stops after some new checkpoint has been reached, but that still means that devices working already on a later checkpoint will not be tracked.
(02-16-2020, 10:50 PM)undeath Wrote: More GPUs means more parallelization means more variance between reaching checkpoints. Pressing C stops after some new checkpoint has been reached, but that still means that devices working already on a later checkpoint will not be tracked.

Ahh I see, thanks!