CrunchCat (Crunch + HashCat)
Hi all,

I created a small DOS interface for Crunch and HashCat and it works pretty well !

Do you think my main command line could be improved ?
Code:
crunch_win %pass% abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789 | hashcat64 -m %mode% --potfile-disable -o output.txt "%hash%"

Is there an option to stop the command once the password has been found ?
Because dear me, he continues to test combinations (this is not the case in the video).
Crunch is unnecessary for most attacks:

* Limiting duplicate characters is not worth the sacrifice in speed
* Resumption of candidate generation is built in natively to hashcat

Generating candidates with crunch and then piping them to hashcat is dramatically slower than using native on-GPU masks within hashcat itself.
~
+1 with royce, don't see the point to use crunch with hashcat..
Actually I have just carried out some test and on the MD5 I go from 12 seconds to 5 seconds and in speed from 722kH / s to 1813 MH / s.
I didn't expect hashcat to provide a similar service to Crunch.

Do you think this line is correct or could it be improved?
Code:
hashcat64 -m %mode% -a 3 --potfile-disable -o output.txt "%hash%"

Thank you for the details !
If your target password is likely less than the max supported by an optimized kernel, adding "-O" to your command line will be significantly faster. This max value varies from hashtype to hashtype - check the output for the "Maximum password length supported by kernel" value when you run with or without -O.

If the system is non-interactive and you can use all resources for cracking, '-w 4' will also increase speed.

Use hashcat's mask and/or incremental syntax to be as precise with hashcat as you were with crunch. For example, if you need lengths 5 through 7 inclusive of all digits, lower, upper, and special:

hashcat --increment --increment-min 5 --increment-max 7 ?a?a?a?a?a?a?a

This will make hashcat run through the following three masks, in order:

?a?a?a?a?a (five)
?a?a?a?a?a?a (six)
?a?a?a?a?a?a?a (seven)
~