Hashcat isn't using GPU
Hashcat v 5.1.0
windows 8.1
GPU AMD Radeon HD 7670M
Driver: Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta v 16.2.1 Beta (latest and supported by hashcat as stated here: AMD GPUs on Windows require "AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition" (15.12 or later)

I have attached screen shot of command hashcat64.exe -I here, in the screenshot as you can see that there are two platforms and under devices why does it show CPU on both platform but not my GPU. I don't know what's going on. I am a beginner. I wanted to use GPU to fast crack the wpa/wpa2 capture file but hashcat isn't using my GPU.

I clean installed the current driver after removing the previous driver with DDU in safe mode.

I want to know where the problem lies and how to fix it.

Attached Files
.png   Openclinfo.PNG (Size: 14.3 KB / Downloads: 5)
it's quite an old GPU. Does the driver you have even state official OpenCL support for your GPU with latest version ?

maybe you can also test with some tuning software like afterburner and GPU-Z etc (I think they have some tabs or mention if OpenCL is enabled etc)... In theory you could also try "clinfo" on windows. I got some feedback a while ago that clinfo.exe also exist for windows.

Is this a notebook ? I think the M in the 7670M normally means that this is a mobile/notebook GPU.
(05-26-2020, 09:31 AM)philsmd Wrote: it's quite an old GPU. Does the driver you have even state official OpenCL support for your GPU with latest version ?

maybe you can also test with some tuning software like afterburner and GPU-Z etc (I think they have some tabs or mention if OpenCL is enabled etc)... In theory you could also try "clinfo" on windows. I got some feedback a while ago that clinfo.exe also exist for windows.

Is this a notebook ? I think the M in the 7670M normally means that this is a mobile/notebook GPU.

i think it does state opencl support , I have attached screenshot of its info. Its not a notebook though it is an old model of dell laptop, inspirion 15 to be exact.

Attached Files
.png   DriverInfo.PNG (Size: 182.72 KB / Downloads: 5)