2nd xeon CPU not detected
(01-22-2021, 11:33 AM)Chick3nman Wrote: You seem to be rather confused about how dual socket systems are detected and displayed by the OpenCL runtime.

Both CPUs are 100% detected and available as a single "device" in your initial post. You have 2 overlapping runtimes for some reason, not 2 devices.

OpenCL Info:

Platform ID #1
  Vendor  : Intel(R) Corporation
  Name    : Intel(R) CPU Runtime for OpenCL(TM) Applications
  Version : OpenCL 2.1 LINUX

Device ID #1
    Type          : CPU
    Vendor ID      : 8
    Vendor        : Intel(R) Corporation
    Name          : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU          X5675  @ 3.07GHz
    Version        : OpenCL 2.1 (Build 0)
    Processor(s)  : 24
    Clock          : 3070
    Memory        : 12067/48270 MB allocatable
    OpenCL Version : OpenCL C 2.0
    Driver Version : 18.1.0.0920

This lists 24 processors, and since the X5675 is a 6 core chip with hyper threading, thats 12 threads per socket. All 24 threads across the two sockets are correctly initialized under this runtime as a single compute device. The second runtime is an overlapping runtime and should be uninstalled. You should only see the output above when you query your OpenCL devices/platforms.

Hey Chick3nman,

Many thanks for pointing that out, I actually totally overlooked the core count, and as you say I was indeed confused on how openCL detects dual physical processors, as never had to use it before.
This makes much more sense now.
So basically once removed POCL, as long as openCL detects the correct total of processors (cores based) than it's all good.
I was confused as POCL was being detected as a secondary device, and that made me thing that's how it should show on openCL/hashcat as well.

The answer was there all along after all!

Many thanks again to everyone who took the time to reply, and hopefully this will also serve as a headsup to anyone experiencing similar issues in the future.