AMD Crimson 16.6.1 only 32bit oclhashcat working
#1
Has AMD fucked up something or did I fuck up?

Clean install of latest AMD drivers (Crimson 16.6.1) and this is what I get:

Code:
...\oclHashcat-2.01>oclHashcat64.exe -b oclHashcat v2.01 starting in benchmark-mode... ...\oclHashcat-2.01>

So after retrying a couple times I checked what the 32bit version says:

Code:
...\oclHashcat-2.01>oclHashcat32.exe -b oclHashcat v2.01 starting in benchmark-mode... Device #1: Pitcairn, 1024MB, 860Mhz, 16MCU Hashtype: MD4 Workload: 1024 loops, 256 accel Speed.GPU.#1.:  6945.6 MH/s Hashtype: MD5 Workload: 1024 loops, 256 accel Speed.GPU.#1.:  3655.1 MH/s ...

and it works just fine.

I absolutely installed 64bit drivers, file is "non-whql-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.6.1-win10-win8.1-win7-june2.exe" which contains a "Bin64" and several other "...64" files/folders. So I'm very sure it's not the 32bit driver in a 64bit named package by accident. Of course I'm also using Windows 7 64bit and not 32bit.

Would appreciate any input, have a nice day!
#2
Try this beta version...

https://hashcat.net/beta/
#3
beta shows same behaviour, 64bit just quits and 32bit runs fine.

additional system info (sorry for German, but it's self explanatory, I think...if not: Treiber = Driver, Einstellungen = Settings):

Code:
Version der Radeon Einstellungen - 2016.0602.1651.28487 Treiber-Paketversion - 16.20.1025-160602a-303160E Anbieter - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. 2D-Treiberversion - 8.1.1.1558 Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.1197 OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13440 OpenCL™ Version - 2.0.6.0 AMD Mantle-Version - 9.1.10.123 AMD Mantle API-Version - 98309 AMD Audio-Treiberversion - 7.12.0.7723 Vulkan Driver Version - 9.1.0.10.11.0
#4
rc4 seems to work for other users with combination windows + amd + crimson-16.6.1
#5
Well, if it's only me with that problem I guess there's something weird going on at my end that I can't figure out at the moment. Thx anyway, if I ever find out what it is I'll post here, just in case somebody else in the future has something similar.
#6
did you try v3.00 ?
#7
sorry for answering so late, yes I did test 2 different RC versions and now the final 3.00 - still the same for me, but if I'm literally the only one with that problem I'm pretty sure something is wrong on my end.

I'll try again with the next AMD driver that's not a hotfix of a hotfix (16.7.x then) when they release it. don't give it too much thought, the card is ancient anyway and slowly dying, fan only works at 100% for example since about half a year. I'm guessing some caps are going wildly out of spec and soon completely die or something like that, because surprisingly the fan itself seems to be absolutely fine. who knows what else is already wrong with it...I blame evil spirits haunting the card Wink
#8
OK it seems the problem is related to a broken OpenCL.dll. Friend of mine had the same problem. To solve it, do the following:

- Uninstall the AMD driver
- Reboot
- Manually remove opencl.dll and opencl32.dll from system32 and syswow64
- Reboot
- Install AMD driver
- Reboot