ethereum: No devices found/left.
#1
Hello,

I am trying to recover the pass of my ethereum wallet (only 0.2eth... So not a desaster :-).
I run:
Code:
hashcat.exe -m15700 $ethereum$s*262144*8*1*xxx*yyy h:\dict.txt --status --status-timer=5 -w3 -r h:\OneRuleToRuleThemAll.rule  -S -D3 hashcat (v6.2.5) starting No devices found/left.


D3 is my CPU:
Code:
hashcat -I hashcat (v6.2.5) starting in backend information mode CUDA Info: ========== CUDA.Version.: 11.6 Backend Device ID #1 (Alias: #2)   Name...........: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB   Processor(s)...: 10   Clock..........: 1708   Memory.Total...: 6143 MB   Memory.Free....: 5228 MB   PCI.Addr.BDFe..: 0000:06:00.0 OpenCL Info: ============ OpenCL Platform ID #1   Vendor..: NVIDIA Corporation   Name....: NVIDIA CUDA   Version.: OpenCL 3.0 CUDA 11.6.99   Backend Device ID #2 (Alias: #1)     Type...........: GPU     Vendor.ID......: 32     Vendor.........: NVIDIA Corporation     Name...........: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB     Version........: OpenCL 3.0 CUDA     Processor(s)...: 10     Clock..........: 1708     Memory.Total...: 6143 MB (limited to 1535 MB allocatable in one block)     Memory.Free....: 5440 MB     OpenCL.Version.: OpenCL C 1.2     Driver.Version.: 511.65     PCI.Addr.BDF...: 06:00.0 OpenCL Platform ID #2   Vendor..: Intel(R) Corporation   Name....: Intel(R) OpenCL   Version.: OpenCL 2.1 WINDOWS   Backend Device ID #3     Type...........: CPU     Vendor.ID......: 8     Vendor.........: Intel(R) Corporation     Name...........: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor     Version........: OpenCL 2.1 (Build 0)     Processor(s)...: 12     Clock..........: 0     Memory.Total...: 8143 MB (limited to 1017 MB allocatable in one block)     Memory.Free....: 4039 MB     OpenCL.Version.: OpenCL C 2.0     Driver.Version.: 2021.11.3.0.17_160000


I assume something went wrong using the CPU and that is why no device was left?

When running benchmark, I get:
Code:
hashcat -b -m15700 hashcat (v6.2.5) starting in benchmark mode Benchmarking uses hand-optimized kernel code by default. You can use it in your cracking session by setting the -O option. Note: Using optimized kernel code limits the maximum supported password length. To disable the optimized kernel code in benchmark mode, use the -w option. CUDA API (CUDA 11.6) ==================== * Device #1: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 5228/6143 MB, 10MCU OpenCL API (OpenCL 3.0 CUDA 11.6.99) - Platform #1 [NVIDIA Corporation] ======================================================================= * Device #2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, skipped OpenCL API (OpenCL 2.1 WINDOWS) - Platform #2 [Intel(R) Corporation] ==================================================================== * Device #3: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, skipped Benchmark relevant options: =========================== * --optimized-kernel-enable ---------------------------------------------------------------- * Hash-Mode 15700 (Ethereum Wallet, SCRYPT) [Iterations: 262144] ---------------------------------------------------------------- Speed.#1.........:        0 H/s (13.05ms) @ Accel:1 Loops:1024 Thr:4 Vec:1


So also here, the CPU is skipped.
When I force it (-D3), I get No defices found/left.

With respect to drivers, I installed w_opencl_runtime_p_2021.2.0.616.exe
Before this, I did not get the CPU listed at all.

Best regards,
Hendrik
#2
Hm... A reboot helped...

We can close this one.