wallet.dat
Hello. I have a bitcoin core wallet which is telling me my pw is incorrect.. i have the pw written down and i remember making it just a few weeks ago but it doesn't seem to be working. I followed the other threads and used bitcoin2john to turn it into a hash.txt. my pw doesnt contain any numbers so ive been running a specific charset of lowercase and uppercase only. I am not understanding what is needed in the mask to come up with a 17 letter combination. It keeps saying Integer overflow detected in keyspace of mask.

Command: hashcat  -m 11300 -w 3 hash.bat -a 3 -1 ?l?u ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

can anyone guide me on if im correctly attacking this hash file?

Thank you
(07-29-2022, 01:58 AM)2jtradez Wrote: Hello. I have a bitcoin core wallet which is telling me my pw is incorrect.. i have the pw written down and i remember making it just a few weeks ago but it doesn't seem to be working. I followed the other threads and used bitcoin2john to turn it into a hash.txt. my pw doesnt contain any numbers so ive been running a specific charset of lowercase and uppercase only. I am not understanding what is needed in the mask to come up with a 17 letter combination. It keeps saying Integer overflow detected in keyspace of mask.

Command: hashcat  -m 11300 -w 3 hash.bat -a 3 -1 ?l?u ?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1?1

Thank you

it says integer overflow because you've tried to test more than 2^64 possible combinations, which is just too many combinations, even if you weren't attacking a very slow hash.

If you know it's 17 characters long, try using the password you think it is and substituting out one letter at a time with your custom charset.
(07-29-2022, 02:12 AM)pdo Wrote:
(07-29-2022, 01:58 AM)2jtradez Wrote: Hello. I have a bitcoin core wallet which is telling me my pw is incorrect.. i have the pw written down and i remember making it just a few weeks ago but it doesn't seem to be working. I followed the other threads and used bitcoin2john to turn it into a hash.txt. my pw doesnt contain any numbers so ive been running a specific charset of lowercase and uppercase only. I am not understanding what is needed in the mask to come up with a 17 letter combination. It keeps saying Integer overflow detected in keyspace of mask.

Thank you

it says integer overflow because you've tried to test more than 2^64 possible combinations, which is just too many combinations, even if you weren't attacking a very slow hash.

If you know it's 17 characters long, try using the password you think it is and substituting out one letter at a time with your custom charset.

That makes a lot of sense. I dont think i understand enough to go about and do that. Do i put the pw into a text or dict file? which attack mode?
(07-29-2022, 01:15 PM)2jtradez Wrote:
(07-29-2022, 02:12 AM)pdo Wrote:

Thank you

That makes a lot of sense. I dont think i understand enough to go about and do that. Do i put the pw into a text or dict file? which attack mode?

You can still use this attack mode, but instead of using the mask ?1?1?1?1..., let's assume your password is something like "iforgotmypass", and one of the characters is wrong, but you don't know which one, so your mask then looks like: iforgotmypas?1

and the next run you use: iforgotmypa?1s
and so on

You can put the masks in a file and hashcat will run them one after another.