Reverse Metamask Cracking
Can you use a known seed phrase, and the metamask vault hash iv salt data, to find forgotten password? I used this password for different crypto wallets and i cant remember the password.
Not possible, you can recreate accounts from your recovery phrases.
(03-05-2023, 12:04 PM)marc1n Wrote: Not possible, you can recreate accounts from your recovery phrases.
I only have my seed phrase for one account, but i remember using the same password for the other account.

I thought the hash had the seedphrase in it, and if you could provide the decrypted seed, then you could deduce the password somehow? Perhaps thats just not how the encryption works.
(03-05-2023, 12:27 PM)CrackAddict Wrote:
(03-05-2023, 12:04 PM)marc1n Wrote: Not possible, you can recreate accounts from your recovery phrases.
I only have my seed phrase for one account, but i remember using the same password for the other account.

I thought the hash had the seedphrase in it, and if you could provide the decrypted seed, then you could deduce the password somehow? Perhaps thats just not how the encryption works.

It doesn't work like that, hashcat can only crack the password that unlocks access to the metamask wallet. You may have generated other accounts from the same phrases then you can access them using e.g. https://download.mycrypto.com/